Mantic Fanatics
April 19, 2024, 10:20:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Darsc has led me to the light!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Darsc has led me to the light!  (Read 140 times)
strewart
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:41:31 am »

Hey lads, I'm here now. Thanks Darsc for giving me the link. Good to have a fort to fall back to when Warseer is down.

Most people here will know me from Warseer, Lustria Online, or maybe even Librarium Online if you posted there a few years ago. But for those who don't, I am mostly a warhammer player that is no longer buying due to the prices, I still play WHFB with High Elves and Lizardmen (have a few armies I don't use too) and occasionally break out 40k with Dark Eldar (have tons of other armies for that). In terms of Mantic, I have a pretty big undead army and hopefully soon an orc army. I am also starting to get into Dystopian Wars. I'm a PhD student studying energetic materials and nanotechnology, that about sums me up in a short paragraph.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Robert
Mant

Mantic Points: +16/-1

Current Army: Dwarfs, Elves, Undead, Naughty Dwarfs...

In The Navy...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 11:05:00 am »

Good to see another friendly face avatar!
Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:06:13 am »

Welcome to the site. I too have stopped playing WHFB due to the prices and also the game itself. Too many rules, special rules and exceptions!
Report Spam   Logged
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 11:16:03 am »

Good to have a fort to fall back to much friendlier forum to **** about on when Warseer is down being Warseer.

Fixxed.   Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
strewart
M

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 12:57:33 pm »

Thanks gaarew, thats exactly what I meant! In fact, if the rules are a bit more lapse here I might just stick around and not go back to Warseer much. I'm not overly interested in WHFB rules anymore and thats the main reason I signed up there.

Good point Robert. I will have to add my avatar. That way more people will know who it is. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 07:20:44 pm »

Welcome over, Strewart!  Let me know how Dystopian Wars is.  The minis look great, and I'm a fan of Uncharted Seas.  So far I've held off just because I don't need another game to buy.

Actually...don't tell me about DW.  It's probably better if I don't know. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 07:09:42 am »

All right strewart. You got my message! Smiley

I expect to be a lot more active here myself, even after Warseer is up and running. This site seems to have been readily adopted by a lot of the usual suspects. It's kind of like a Mantic safehouse.

However I do still intend to be active on Warseer too. With it's much wider fanbase, Warseer is a great way to expose newbies to all the Mantic goodness, and Mantic still has a ways to go to ensure it's future. Plus I believe that the Warseer Admins do sincerely want to expand their site beyond the confines of GW's games... Even if they have an odd way of doing it.

Then there's also all the interesting hobby/painting logs there, news and rumours from various companies... And some very interesting non-Mantic regulars whose posts I'd miss, including those in the infamous wastes.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 08:08:26 am »

However I do still intend to be active on Warseer too. With it's much wider fanbase, Warseer is a great way to expose newbies to all the Mantic goodness, and Mantic still has a ways to go to ensure it's future.

I really should keep a tally of all the 'Those are the best painted Mantic minis' or 'Seeing your stuff has forced me into picking up some of my own' posts from the Tale of Fantasy painters thread and my plogs.
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
strewart
M

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 09:38:35 am »

All right strewart. You got my message! Smiley

I expect to be a lot more active here myself, even after Warseer is up and running. This site seems to have been readily adopted by a lot of the usual suspects. It's kind of like a Mantic safehouse.

However I do still intend to be active on Warseer too. With it's much wider fanbase, Warseer is a great way to expose newbies to all the Mantic goodness, and Mantic still has a ways to go to ensure it's future. Plus I believe that the Warseer Admins do sincerely want to expand their site beyond the confines of GW's games... Even if they have an odd way of doing it.

Then there's also all the interesting hobby/painting logs there, news and rumours from various companies... And some very interesting non-Mantic regulars whose posts I'd miss, including those in the infamous wastes.

I just never really got into that side of Warseer. The few times I did post picturs of my stuff, it got very few replies at all. I'm not in the Wastes. It was literally just news and rumours. Then a little thread about Mantic popped up in WHFB rumours back before they split them out, and I got attached to the bunch of people whom I can now annoy/laugh with here instead. Smiley I'll probably still go to warseer occasionally, but like I said in the Fanatics thread before I left, stuff has been quite busy and I'm not really getting onto forus a lot at all these days so we'll see.
Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 01:10:46 pm »

I used to be really active on Warseer, was in the guild and started a number of initiatives like the 40K FAQ group. Then I all but left it for ages. I only really started to visit again for the Mantic forum but that's about it. I rarely look at any other forums on there these days.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: