Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 01:57:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Two-handed dwarves

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two-handed dwarves  (Read 690 times)
Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2010, 02:44:25 pm »

I'm trying to figure out where I heard it, but I thought Mantic said that some two-handed weapon dwarves were coming out this fall.  (I thought it was in the context of, "We'll have the dwarf army box out when the two-handed dwarves come out around November.")  They would seem like a natural fit for the two-dwarf plastic sprue that is rumored to come out, since the berserkers went metal.

Does anyone else recall this or have specific info?
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 06:25:32 pm »

Yep, I remember it being mentioned.  I think it was in a blog post.  The name Gatebreaker, or Gatecrasher sounds familiar.

Quote from: Mantic Blog, July 5th
The Dwarf Berserker set will initially contain five metal figures including a command group, though only  for a limited time. This gives you the option of getting them now rather than in the future when they will be done in plastic, meaning you can create a true Mantic force in one hit – and what a good one it’ll be as well!

We’ve still got the other figures to show-off as well, as well as one or two more sets for the Dwarfs to come. Try not to drool too much and leave us a comment below!
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
WorkbenchManiac
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

Current Army: Dwarves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:03:59 pm »

Grin

I seem to remember Ronnie slipping Gaarew a suspicious white box at the open day.. *hint hint, nudge nudge, knowwhatImean?*
Report Spam   Logged

gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 08:11:35 am »

Grin

I seem to remember Ronnie slipping Gaarew a suspicious white box at the open day.. *hint hint, nudge nudge, knowwhatImean?*

Nothing suspicious about it dude.  It looked exactly the same as any other sleeveless Mantic case...  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Idle Thought
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 10:51:04 pm »

And here is your answer:

They seem to be called shieldbreakers; the following is from today's Mantic newsletter:

"The Dwarf Army Set presents a great way of getting the rules if you know which army it is you want to collect. Containing  40 Ironclad Warriors, 30 Ironwatch, 2 Ironbelcher Cannon/Organ Gun kits and 15 Shieldbreakers, not only does this set contain our newest and yet-to-be-released plastic kit, but it also forms a solid foundation of any Dwarven contingent. Of course, it’s still not quite big enough an army for us!

The Dwarf Shieldbreakers are a new plastic kit designed to let you build units of Dwarfs with two handed weapons. In game terms these guys are your can-openers, able to dish out a lot of damage with their Crushing Strength special rule – they also make a fine unit to paint up as well! The Shieldbreakers will be available in both a 10-man troop and 20-man (with Command) regiment sets.

The Dwarf Shieldbreakers will begin shipping on the 29th November but, if you want to get these fantastic new figures earlier, the Dwarf Army Set is definitely the way to go!"

regards,
IT
Report Spam   Logged
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 08:18:52 am »

The Dwarf Shieldbreakers will begin shipping on the 29th November but, if you want to get these fantastic new figures earlier, the Dwarf Army Set is definitely the way to go!"

Amongst other methods...

So, you saw the box WBM.  I take it you didn't see the large club though...   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

neldoreth
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 09:56:39 pm »

Actually you can make these using the ironguard figs: three of the five on the standard sprue can be made into two-handed hammer dwarves without any special effort and just putting the two-handed axes into their hands instead of a small axe an shield. The command frame can be made into two-handed hammers entirely already as well... This is actually what Mantic intends for players to do with those 5 extra dwarves in the Mhorgoth box set actually...

n.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:58:33 pm by neldoreth » Report Spam   Logged

furgie
newb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 02:26:08 pm »

Been straching my head trying to figure out why there were 25 Iron Guard in the box!!!

Thanks for this. Will seperate out 5 guys with long hammers to make a shield breaker troop!

Furgie
Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 07:48:11 pm »

Been straching my head trying to figure out why there were 25 Iron Guard in the box!!!

Thanks for this. Will seperate out 5 guys with long hammers to make a shield breaker troop!

Furgie
I started putting mine together this weekend. I thought..25? That makes no sense. I know, I'll see if I can make these spare ones into shieldbreakers. Sounds like that was what we are supposed to do!

Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 12:24:39 pm »

all 5 done now
Report Spam   Logged
Croaker
newb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 04:30:18 am »

Here are the Dwarves with 2-handed weapons that I made from the standard sprues.  Took a bit to get them to rank up, but it wasn't too bad.

Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 05:40:58 am »

Yeah, the ranking gets tricky on those.

I'll be mixing in a lot of shieldbreakers to help with the ranking, about 50% should do it and give a good amount of variation to the unit.

BTW, can anyone tell me what the shieldbreakers troop and regiment boxes actually contain?

As in, what sprues are in there.

It says 10 for the troop box and 20 for the regiment, but that doesn't make sense since the shieldbreaker sprue has 2 figures and the command sprue has 5.

So, is there 11 figures in the troop box, and 21 in the regiment box?
Report Spam   Logged
Croaker
newb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »

Yeah, the ranking gets tricky on those.

I'll be mixing in a lot of shieldbreakers to help with the ranking, about 50% should do it and give a good amount of variation to the unit.

I made this unit before the shieldbreakers were announced, so they were the only option at the time (and I needed them for WFB immediately).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: