Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 11:53:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mantic Fantasy & General News & Rumour Roundup

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Mantic Fantasy & General News & Rumour Roundup  (Read 6592 times)
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2011, 12:17:37 am »

I will be updating this thread on a regular basis. It is not meant to replace the other Mantic threads, but is intended to be a one stop read for those who don't have the time nor the inclination to search multiple threads.

These Mantic Fantasy and General rumours have been updated as of January 27th, 2012.

Recent updates are in Green. Sources are from a combination of contacts within Mantic, hobby industry insiders, video and online interviews, with the odd tidbit picked up from this and other forums, and Mantics own Newsletter and Website.

GENERAL MANTIC NEWS
-Thanks go to Warseer Admin Wintermute for pointing this bit of news out.

Hornby's Interim Management Statement and Trading Update

"Hornby will distribute Mantic's "Kings of War" product range under our highly complementary Humbrol brand. In doing so we will enter the lucrative fantasy war gaming market, and provide a further vehicle for sales of our Humbrol paint ranges."

-Ronnie has stated that starting in 2012 it's Mantic's intention to alternate monthly releases between their systems, with a few surprises being thrown in of course.
-Mid to late 2012 will see the release of the big Kings of War rulebook. Likely to be done in hardcover.In addition to the core rules there will likely be additional rules, all the current army lists, possibly scenarios, and of course lots of coloured photos of Mantics mini's.
-Mantics latest Newsletter talks about some great, but very limited army deals on undead, dwarfs, and elves if anyone wants to expand or start their army.

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Sale/Special-Army-Deals.html?utm_source=Mantic+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=9eb5f05a7c-Mantic_Games_Newsletter_130&utm_medium=email

-Mantics store is now selling Renendra's Tombstone and Barrel sets.

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Paints-and-Hobby/Scenery.html

-There's also a great deal on a 10 mini set of Hasslefrees female combat soldier set as well as a hobby supply bag deal full of paints, brushes, dice and more. Check the Mantic store for prices and more details.

DWARF KING'S HOLD

- Ancient Grudge is the latest expansion for the Dwarf Kings Hold series of games.
- Introduces multiplayer rules, warbands, new races, and a couple new rooms to the game series.
- Because it is an expansion, and not a full game on it's own, you will also need one of the previous Dwarf Kings Hold sets to use this set.

ELVES

UNDEAD
-Ronnie has stated they'll be some new mini's out soon for a new undead unit that Alessio will be announcing shortly. No word yet on what the mini's will be, but speculation includes mounted wraiths, vampire infantry, werewolves, mummy's just to name a few. Lots of wishlisting regarding these.

DWARVES
-Ronnie has again stated that Dwarven Cavalry will eventually be released. No timeline given however.
-Ronnie also has mentioned them as mounted on Badgers... However I'm hoping this was a joke, as his fishmen and gerbil comments were.

ABYSSAL DWARFS
-Ronnie has confirmed restic releases for the Abyssal Dwarves for later this year. They will include restic halfbreeds while the other releases will be announced at a later date.

ORCS
-Rumours are that Orcs with bows will be coming out at a later date.   

TWILIGHT KIN/EVIL NAUGHTY ELVES

- Concept art of the upcoming Twilight Kin Assassin. 

-Above are some new better quality pics of the Twilight Kin.
-Twilight kin will have it's official release in February, but are already up for preorder in Mantics online store.

GOBLINS

-Pics of the new metal Goblins with Spears mini's. 
-Ronnie has confirmed a plastic unit of goblin archers will be released later in the year.
-No release date given, but Ronnie has stated that the archers are currently away being tooled, so it's sounds like maybe a bit sooner than later.

HUMANS
-Indications are that Ronnie feels that humans are already well represented in the Fantasy market by other manufacturers plastic ranges. It sounds like there are no immediate plans for Mantic to put out their own.

Ronnie was heard to say during one of Mantics events last year, that after the Goblins and the Twilight Kin, there will be two new races. These will be non typical fantasy races created, or possibly re-imagined, by Mantic. Speculation on possible contenders are;

DEMONS
-Demons were mentioned for the first time at Mantics Open House. No further details on this possible army yet, although they might just exist as possible support units for the Twilight Kin army list.

OGRES
-Rumblings of Ogres from Mantic have been going on for quite a while now. Still nothing more than speculative rumblings at this point though.

That's it for now. Looks like Fantasy releases are starting to pick up some steam. Thanks for hanging in there Fanatics!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:25:29 am by Darsc Zacal » Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

war_grub
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:06:42 am »

This is a very cool addition to the site. Cheers dude. The future looks good.
Report Spam   Logged
Orlanth
newb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:06:10 pm »

The drakons should have been Wyrms, since they have no fore arms/ claws.

And modeled sitting on slights recoiled tails like the new TK Necro Knights on the snakes.
Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 03:15:08 am »

Some fresh news from Mantic today regarding new Orc preorder army deals and some glimpses of new figures.

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Orcs/Army-Deals.html

The larger deal includes the new Orc Cavalry and Goblin Maw handler with Maw. Both deals include the new Greatax sprues, as well as a just unveiled Orc Shaman mini.(still a wip)

There will also be an additional set of metal Morax heads included with both deals, although no pics of it were shown.

Abyssal Dwarfs will also be getting a set of 10 Abyssal Berserkers with 5 of the Abyssal Centaur Hybrids.

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Abyssal-Dwarfs/Army-Deals/Product/Gorgoths-Storm-of-Steel.html?utm_source=Mantic+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=aa67a6e8ec-Mantic_Games_Newsletter_85&utm_medium=email

Report Spam   Logged

war_grub
newb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »

Dwarf Fire Mage anyone?

http://www.manticgames.com/Hobby/Tales-from-the-Forge/Fire-Magic.html

A sign of things to come perhaps?
Report Spam   Logged
strewart
M

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 03:06:20 am »

Dwarfs... With magic?!? What are Mantic trying to do?? Shocked

Actually, I'm open to the idea. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.
Report Spam   Logged
InsideReticle
newb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 05:57:38 pm »

The evil version of Fulgria is Ariagful?  Stupid.
Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 03:42:48 am »

Straight from Ronnie during an RHQ-TV interview done during Salute.

The Wraiths have been resculpted. It wasn't planned, but the sculptor had been reworking them, Ronnie thought the new sculpts looked great, and so now will be cast in resin/plastic and released in about 2 months time.

Sounds like this'll make the first ones hard to find collector pieces now.
Report Spam   Logged

strewart
M

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 09:54:43 am »

Hmm I expected the move to restic, resculpted though? Sounds cool. I look forward to seeing what they look like.
Report Spam   Logged
Manticore
Man

Mantic Points: +1/-0

Current Army: Undead and soon to be Orks!

you may also know me as Gormath on other forums...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 01:40:12 pm »

Wraiths Schmaiths I am gearing up to see what style they go with their ogres!
Actually I am highly excited about new Wraiths but am slightly miffed that I did not buy the originals from Mantic...
Report Spam   Logged

I'm such a **** for Mantic...
http://www.communitywalk.com/manticfanatics
Mantic Fanatics Member Locator Map... Join up to locate other Mantic Fanatics around the world!
WorkbenchManiac
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

Current Army: Dwarves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 10:15:34 pm »

A quick rumour from the german RPC today: Mantic might release a new dwarf king miniature as part of their mantic points offerings.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 11:05:39 pm »

A quick rumour from the german RPC today: Mantic might release a new dwarf king miniature as part of their mantic points offerings.

Wink

This is great news! Congratulations! You did an amazing job with it. I eagerly look forward to it's release!  Grin

I already have the Mantic Points set aside for it. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 11:10:58 pm »

Well I've ordered my open day ticket(s) Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
WorkbenchManiac
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

Current Army: Dwarves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 11:59:26 pm »

Cheers Darsc, IŽm a tad bit excited myself. And IŽll be doing some freelance work for Mantic in the future, there are already ideas thrown around and projects discussed... exciting times indeed, canŽt wait to get started.

Regarding the open day: Oh boy, I wanna go. But IŽll have to do some organizing first, drumming up people to share the trip with (and split the costs Tongue).

Report Spam   Logged

Croaker
newb

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 03:40:25 am »

That's great news WorkbenchManiac! I really like the pics we've seen of the sculpt. And another dwarf character is always appreciated.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: