Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 01:54:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Perhaps

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Perhaps  (Read 4310 times)
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:10:44 pm »

Yeah, rules feedback is great. I do think it should be done based on IRL playtesting primarily though, unless it's something obvious (e.g. movement trays for warpath would speed up the game).

I don't look at the rules with the perspective of changing the rules, I just find it interesting to see if they can be explained more clearly and have their wordcount reduced further... not making any changes to the rules at all, just re-wording.

The Nerve change was a great example of something which completely removed a chunk of text and a table from the book, but didn't change the rules at all... that's the kind of thing we need to come up with as far as ideas.. little strokes of genius that make the game quicker/easier without actually changing anything at all.

It's refinement that is the interesting thing at this point of the KoW rules..might be interesting to see if we can release a version of KoW (under that new CC license) that doesn't change any of the rules, but is just as clear or clearer and cuts down the wordcount by 30-40%.

Something like that could then be given back to Mantic to let them make smaller mini-rulebooks, or quick reference sheets.

But that's an example of constructive stuff, as opposed to the Alex Holker approach of:

1. "Whine about Warpath, make rules suggestions".
2. "Alessio actually takes on board one suggestion and adds it to Warpath".
3. "Continue to whine because all of your ideas were not added".

His rule suggestion for Warpath (crushing strength for vehicles) wasn't the best of ideas either, since I keep seeing video battle reports for Warpath where everyone keeps mentioning how much more effective vehicles are when you just use them to run thing over instead of shooting with them.

As for everyone else, we're going to get a whole host of new people on the forums, so we're just going to have to deal with repeated discussions of things that we already talked about to death over a year ago.

Most of the newbies seem to be a good bunch though, I haven't seen much in the way of complaints or requests for the rules to become GW-lite... there's a few, but there's a lot more of them just posting awesome stuff like this:

http://forum.manticblog.com/showthread.php?1385-Mantic-Elf-bowmen-conversions-Bowmen-Spearmen-swap
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:58:07 pm by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: