Mantic Fanatics
March 29, 2024, 03:39:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Perhaps

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Perhaps  (Read 4322 times)
Tellos
newb

Mantic Points: +5/-0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 08:19:53 am »

I'm eager to get my hands on the new rulebook as well. but delays happen,
and it wil show up soon enough, as they started shipping them Smiley

as far as rules go, i always playtest the rules as they are in the book,
if we don't like the rules as they are, we try to bent or make up a rule
to replace it as we see fit. we certainly not whine about it on the internet.

if a rule doesn't work for you, replace it with a rule of your own creation or
bent the rule so you are happy with it.

some people seem to think that companies like mantic and GW are there to
make "costum rules" for them. you can't make everyone happy if you make
rules for thousands of people, simple as that.

Alex holker is the one person i immediately ignored when i saw he was on
the mantic forum, and thats all the time i spend on him.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged
InsideReticle
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 12:37:16 am »

I realize this sentiment may be unpopular, but I was happy with with V2 of the rules (easy as I play Elves and Orcs, which have good artillery and no artillery respectively). I am sympathetic to those who don't understand 1) the huge regen nerf with no corresponding point reduction and 2) how elven artillery (particularly TK) has gone from being pretty good value for cost to being far outshone by the Undead catapaults point-for-point.

I'd really just like them to send out an email with a download link to the current .pdf of the rulebook to all the kickstarter backers who are entitled to it (which I imagine is most of them). I don't care how big the file is. I want to see the new rules and there are no shipping costs to send out a .pdf of the same rules that are already in some people's homes. Is it a bandwidth issue?
Report Spam   Logged
Cyporiean
Ma

Mantic Points: +87/-0

Current Army: Evil

If you can read this, you should buy Brushfire!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 02:53:44 am »

I'm kinda curious why Mantic hasn't put more stuff on WargameVault (just the first 3 journals are up there).

It works really well for keeping an up-to-date rulebook, every time you change the file you can send a notice to all of your customers that its update and they can redownload for free. (and free pdfs cost nothing to the publisher)
Report Spam   Logged

-Emily Fontana
On The Lamb Games
Buffirn
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

Current Army: Dwarf, Kingdoms of Man(Brettonians), and coming soon....UNDEAD

Indecision is the key to airpower.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 03:59:15 pm »

I realize this sentiment may be unpopular, but I was happy with with V2 of the rules (easy as I play Elves and Orcs, which have good artillery and no artillery respectively). I am sympathetic to those who don't understand 1) the huge regen nerf with no corresponding point reduction and 2) how elven artillery (particularly TK) has gone from being pretty good value for cost to being far outshone by the Undead catapaults point-for-point.

I was also happy with the v2 rules.  I will be happy with the current rules as written once I get back to playing.  Given the issues we all face in real life, a few difficulties or inconsistencies in my favorite hobby don't bother me all that much.

As for the changes to artillery and regen, I'd say that those came from playtesting, battle reports,  and a keen understanding of how the v2 rules could be and were cheesed.  It isn't easy to continually out-think thousands of people.  Just when you think you have the rule write so clearly that no one could misinterpret it, some jerk tears it apart and trashes up your game.  It is the unfortunate byproduct of publishing rules.

Report Spam   Logged
Hybrid Alpha
newb

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 01:57:43 am »

Hi,

Would this be the right place to discuss a proposed rules change to the Balefire Catapults?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 03:18:09 am »

I've no idea what this thread is actually about anymore, but I'll allow it. Grin

Also, to keep the thread on/off topic depending on your point of view:
Mantics Kickstarter Jersey's = Cool
Euro Football Jersey's =  Huh
Why didn't Mantic make them Hockey jerseys rant rant rant.

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Robert
Mant

Mantic Points: +16/-1

Current Army: Dwarfs, Elves, Undead, Naughty Dwarfs...

In The Navy...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 07:41:51 am »

If Hockey jerseys are slimming then yes!
Report Spam   Logged
Hybrid Alpha
newb

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 08:55:47 am »

Hockey Jerseys would have been quite cool, and unusual. I might have bought one if they had been... who am I kidding, I would still have spent the money on more toy soldiers  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Buffirn
M

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 03:33:15 pm »

Hi,

Would this be the right place to discuss a proposed rules change to the Balefire Catapults?

Grin
NO!
The Balefire rules are perfect! Smiley

We are ranting about ranting.  Stay on target!   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Hybrid Alpha
newb

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 08:58:56 pm »

Oh good, this is the right place to talk about the Balefire's   Kiss

Well where do I start? The imbalances of the latest version of the rules are just totally ridiculous. Everything is either over or under powered. The points are either to high or to low.  The nerf's are either to drastic, or not sufficient. And the...

Sorry? What do you mean have I read the new rules, or played a game with them yet?

Of course I haven't. I don't have the new rules yet. So how could I possibly read or play a game with them? 

Tongue Grin

Actually, I don't mind all the talk and suggestions about the new rules. It gives people something to talk about until they have the rules in their hands, and play some games with them. Once that starts to happen I'll take talk of imbalances a little more seriously, not much, but a little.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:00:40 pm by Hybrid Alpha » Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 09:06:35 am »

I'd just like to take this opportunity to demand that Mantic send their .pdf copy of the new rules back in time 3 weeks so that I don't have to spend all of those weeks complaining about it not having arrived yet.

Also, I demand that all my kickstarter stuff is delivered next week. I don't care if you have to cattle-prod Bob Naismith to keep him awake, do whatever it takes.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:09:13 am by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 09:24:23 am »

Hmm. I still think my favorite rant was from a week or two ago, maybe more, where the poster was complaining and asking why the new rules hadn't been playtested so Mantic could get some feedback before printing the new book. Roll Eyes

I actually wanted to hit him with the rock that he had been living under for the past 2 years. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Buffirn
M

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 12:32:31 pm »

Hmm. I still think my favorite rant was from a week or two ago, maybe more, where the poster was complaining and asking why the new rules hadn't been playtested so Mantic could get some feedback before printing the new book. Roll Eyes

I actually wanted to hit him with the rock that he had been living under for the past 2 years. Undecided

I saw that one also.  I had about the same thoughts as you did.  I guess that is the price for living in an internet world.  Let me know if you's like a rock from the USA.  We still make pretty good rocks. 
Report Spam   Logged
Robert
Mant

Mantic Points: +16/-1

Current Army: Dwarfs, Elves, Undead, Naughty Dwarfs...

In The Navy...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 10:18:59 pm »

“I say they’re just **** wankers. I cannot be doing with people like that.

It justifies their own bone-idleness because they can’t ever imagine applying themselves to do anything in their lives.

It’s easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter and write that sort of ****, rather than get off their arses in their own lives and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something. And that’s ultimately it. Cunts.”

This made me think of this thread...
Report Spam   Logged
JazzNazz
newb

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 12:18:22 pm »

Sorry for jumping in but are you guys ranting about the full rulebook not being out or the smaller 32page rule book that was sent out in an e-mail about a week ago?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: