Mantic Fanatics
April 19, 2024, 10:10:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Perhaps

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Perhaps  (Read 4365 times)
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2012, 08:44:16 pm »

The Mantic Fanatics are for folks with a sense of humour, sarcasm, satire, and general sillyness. All others need not apply. What happens amongst in the Mantic Fanatics stays in the Mantic Fanatics... Usually... Well sometimes...

Also, folks who don't appreciate what this site is about should also stay away from the Frothers forum as well as The Wastes subforum over on Warseer.

Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Cyporiean
Ma

Mantic Points: +87/-0

Current Army: Evil

If you can read this, you should buy Brushfire!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2012, 09:01:51 pm »

Yeah, if you can't handle here, you won't survive the trolls at Frothers.
Report Spam   Logged

-Emily Fontana
On The Lamb Games
Maccwar
M

Mantic Points: +11/-0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2012, 09:08:00 pm »

And we get far fewer posts about goats and sheds.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert
Mant

Mantic Points: +16/-1

Current Army: Dwarfs, Elves, Undead, Naughty Dwarfs...

In The Navy...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2012, 09:09:52 pm »

Which is a good thing!
Report Spam   Logged
Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2012, 09:17:47 pm »

Judgedoug --

This is not an official Mantic forum.  It's an open forum, but it is, by and large, moderated by and used by people who have had a long experience with Mantic.  This is where people come to talk about stuff frankly and openly, and not clutter up Mantic's official forum with certain opinions or positions.

This forum is not designed as a cuddly-hug for new fans.

It's very much a "wadded-panty-free" zone. 

You're new to Mantic, and Mantic is thrilled to have you, and you're welcome to post here.  But if you do, you have to do it with the understanding that this particular forum is oriented more towards Mantic vets.  For instance, I've been following Mantic  since approximately Summer 2009.  (Probably somewhere between May and July, but I can't really pin it down precisely now.)  For the record, that was before they even attended their first Gen Con.  Other are of similar vintage, although some are newer.

So enjoy your stay, but realize this isn't like wandering into the Mantic clubhouse -- it's more like wandering into a bar and hearing a group of guys talking about Mantic over their shots and pints.

And also ranting about people ranting about why no-one has received their kickstarter stuff yet, only two days after the Kickstarter survey deadline.

Oh, was I ranting? I thought I was posting if anyone had received their KS stuff yet, in an effort to gauge when people DID start receiving it, when Mantic was shipping certain pledge levels, etc. Maybe it's too much to be excited about, well, being excited about miniatures wargaming again?

Good thing I dropped by this forum. Was hoping to see some of the 'Mantic Fanatics' offer tactical advice or indepth knowledge of Mantic related stuff. Instead it's a wall of ****ing.

Guess what. Mantic just got a thousand plus new fans through KS, all internet-savvy and probably all descending on the forums. These are the people that just gave Mantic a third of a million dollars to produce their next three years worth of releases in the next few months.

So, yeah guys, it makes a lot more sense to **** about new people being excited for great figs and great rules than to help acclimate them to the hobby. OMG I R SO UPSET PEEPUL ON FORUM ASKIN QUERSTIONS ABOUT MINIS N RULEZ AFTER DEY JUS GAVE MANTIC FIVE HUNNERT DOLLARZ

Doug
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
Buffirn
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

Current Army: Dwarf, Kingdoms of Man(Brettonians), and coming soon....UNDEAD

Indecision is the key to airpower.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2012, 10:35:32 pm »

OH and just WHO the F**K IS this Alex person anyhow?

Essentially he says he will buy/like everything mantic produces... prior to Mantic producing them. Then complains how if they had changed one or two things he really would have bought/liked them, but didn't. Don't get me started on Canberraguy though.....

Just read a post from Canberraguy on Warseer.  Grrrrr!  Somebody lob a can of Foster's at his head!

Report Spam   Logged
judgedoug
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-2

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2012, 11:23:06 pm »

Can we also rant here about the crappy mantic forum thats gone?

I whois'ed and emailed their hosting company. They replied telling me it is down due to non-payment (maybe):

We are the registrar and Name Service providers.

You are currently not receiving nameserver data - suggesting that suspension has taken place.

Looking over the domain it would also suggest that the domain has expired on the 11th of the month.

Logging into your control panel as yourself - this is more apparent.

The most likely cause here is the unpaid invoice which expired on the 11th - raised a month prior.

Which is all well and good, I have 40 Greatax, 30 Ax, and 30 Morax to assemble.
Report Spam   Logged
judgedoug
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-2

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2012, 11:23:56 pm »

Another troll...perhaps

wrong often, i take it  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2012, 11:29:31 pm »

Cool, thanks for looking into it. Send Chris an email with that info (chris.palmer@manticgames.com) and it'll make things a lot easier for him to sort out when gets back on Monday.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:32:00 pm by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
orcsbain
M

Mantic Points: +6/-0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2012, 01:07:09 am »

Judgedoug --

So enjoy your stay, but realize this isn't like wandering into the Mantic clubhouse -- it's more like wandering into a bar and hearing a group of guys talking about Mantic over their shots and pints.

Just read that as "shorts and pants" Smiley
Strange mental pic indeed.

As for frothers, I love that place (leadaholic) where you can call a **** a **** (or even a decent bloke a ****) with no mods on your case Smiley

ttfn
Report Spam   Logged

"Mantic: like GW, minus the GW-ness".
Buffirn
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

Current Army: Dwarf, Kingdoms of Man(Brettonians), and coming soon....UNDEAD

Indecision is the key to airpower.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2012, 01:28:16 am »

Another troll...perhaps

wrong often, i take it  Grin

Most of my life!
Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2012, 02:36:11 am »

I've long suspected that Chris is the real power behind the throne at Mantic Towers. Wink

If we're starting a discussion about pants vs shorts, then I'm voting shorts.
Report Spam   Logged

Talarius
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2012, 06:21:33 am »

Another troll...perhaps

You guys don't know me from squat, so I realize my opinion isn't worth anything here, but man, I'd go a little easier on Judgedoug (who, to be clear, also doesn't know me from squat).  Kickstarter has really given Mantic a major boost and hey, that was an exciting month we just went through, right?  That's a good thing.  If he's pumped about Mantic (I know I am) and wants to chat about it... nothing wrong with that.  If he then discovers he's getting dissed in another forum, well, it seems kinda reasonable for him to be ticked about it.

Seems like he's getting ganged up on a bit more than warranted, that's all.  Seems like an okay guy to me, but as I said I have zero rep here, so... hopefully I sound reasonable.  That's the goal, anyway.  I wouldn't normally post something like this, but I'm thinking (a) this little kurfuffle seems unnecessary and (b) I bet if you met the guy at a Mantic event, you'd wind up being friends.  Just a guess, as I don't really know anyone involved.

Report Spam   Logged
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2012, 07:11:59 am »

As for frothers, I love that place (leadaholic) where you can call a **** a **** (or even a decent bloke a ****) with no mods on your case Smiley

As opposed to here you mean?  You silly cunt...   Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2012, 07:24:48 am »

I think from judgedoug's last couple of posts and his use of the  Grin smiley Grin, he now gets what the Fanatics are about and should fit right in. Its very nice that you've stood up for him, but I don't think it's needed.

Plus as Llew has said, the environment here and that of Mantics official forums are two quite different things, even though many of the names are the same. While we're all serious business on the official site, here we're definately not. Nowadays, with the revamping of Mantics official site, most serious game talk has drifted away from here to there, leaving the Fanatics as much more of a social club.  

So... Best not to take anything said on the Fanatics to heart. If we did, we'd have to ban the founding Administrator. Grin
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:26:49 am by Darsc Zacal » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: