Mantic Fanatics
April 20, 2024, 01:16:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Perhaps

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Perhaps  (Read 4374 times)
Buffirn
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

Current Army: Dwarf, Kingdoms of Man(Brettonians), and coming soon....UNDEAD

Indecision is the key to airpower.

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:02:44 pm »

I don't look at the rules with the perspective of changing the rules, I just find it interesting to see if they can be explained more clearly and have their wordcount reduced further... not making any changes to the rules at all, just re-wording.

snip

It's refinement that is the interesting thing at this point of the KoW rules..might be interesting to see if we can release a version of KoW (under that new CC license) that doesn't change any of the rules, but is just as clear or clearer and cuts down the wordcount by 30-40%.

Snip

As for everyone else, we're going to get a whole host of new people on the forums, so we're just going to have to deal with repeated discussions of things that we already talked about to death over a year ago.

I was big into DBA years ago.  Simple and elegant rules with a few quirks.  Since they covered 5000 years of land combat, there were situations and armies that didn't work the way history said they did in reality.  So, an intrepid group began a project to clarify DBA.  They turned 4 pages of rules into 40+ pages of clarification.  This pretty much sucked the fun out of the game for me.  I really don't want to see that here either.  I have faith that the fine folks on this forum will not do that, that we will come to a reasoned solution to the problems that arise.

As for new folks, I agree that we will suffer through teething pains.  I don't mind the reasoned argument.   I absolutely hate the "I just read the rules and here's what needs to be changed" argument.  So far, I haven't seen anything in KOW or WP that can't be overcome with the slightest application of common sense. 

Let's face it, KOW and WP are rules in their infancy that will have growing and teething pains.  In the final analysis, they are arguably the best rules out today for this level of gaming.  It will be interesting to see if they wander into the skirmish and monsterous battle levels.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:05:46 pm by Buffirn » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: