Mantic Fanatics
April 20, 2024, 12:14:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

New player/backer

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New player/backer  (Read 443 times)
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2012, 02:39:54 am »

Hi Iain. Welcome to the Fanatics!

Well your post is certainly interesting, mostly cause I'm from Greater Vancouver too. You're the first local besides myself I've seen posting.

I'm guessing the store you're talking about is Imperial Hobbies? I don't know of any others carrying Mantic stock instore. It's a great store, one of my favourites, but they are a bit cramped for gaming space. Have you ever been out to Gamestars in Langley? I've spoken with them and they are open to Kings of War Demo games. I haven't done it myself yet for two reasons.

1/ I've never had an opponent.

2/Despite being a Mantic Fanatic/customer for almost 3 years now... I've never actually played a game. I'm mostly a painter/collector these days and even that, as gaarew will be only too eager to tell you, I do VERY slowly. So far, I only have some of my Elven units painted up and am part way through my Dwarfs.

Anyway, once the new rules come out, I'd be interested in learning them. If you're into it, we could meet up at one of the stores.

As for active forums for Mantic, you should visit the official one.

http://forum.manticblog.com/forum.php

it's also a very friendly place. The only thing is, once you register there, it requires an Admin to approve you before you can post. From past experience, that might not happen over the weekend but give it a try anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: