Mantic Fanatics
October 21, 2019, 09:41:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Warpath rules versus 40k rules.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warpath rules versus 40k rules.  (Read 921 times)
Buffirn
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

Current Army: Dwarf, Kingdoms of Man(Brettonians), and coming soon....UNDEAD

Indecision is the key to airpower.

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2012, 09:56:00 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.

To be honest my kid is dead set on a necron army. Like Tellos I was thinking of just making my own list to fit warpath. However, my kid would probably like to play at the local gaming shops. 

My biggest concern is having my kid become a 40k player. The idea of him nose deep in the 40K rulebook is tempting (keeps him out of my hair for a while). 

I guess we could always run both game systems. One for the old man (me) and one for the young buck..

I have played quite a few more games of Kings of War than Warpath.  Fortunately, the games are very similar.  I can heartily recommend KOW or Warpath.  I have played 40K, WFB and WAB and enjoyed them all.  I find that now as I am older, I really enjoy the fluidity of KOW and WP.  Warseer and the Mantic Games Forum have a number of fanlists for your favorite army.  Most are fairly well balanced.  You could always go that way.

I really like your idea of playing both.  Warpath and 40K are both good games.  Just watch out for the power gamers in 40K.  The rules lead you to that, unfortunately.

In any case, have fun with your youung buck and don't let him win too many games.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: