Mantic Fanatics
October 21, 2019, 09:38:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Warpath rules versus 40k rules.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warpath rules versus 40k rules.  (Read 921 times)
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2012, 11:26:22 am »

^ A few years ago I'd have agreed with you, but not anymore.

Black Reach was 40 when it came out (2008 I think? Not long ago), now it's 61.50

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat550004a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

I'd put good odds on 70 for the 6th edition set.

On the other hand, Warpath isn't all that much cheaper per model than 40k, and the model range is much smaller, plus everyone and their dog plays 40k currently. It'll be a few years before it becomes solid competition.

It depends what you're after... if you want a simple, fun game that isn't much hassle to play with your kid, Warpath could be great, but if he/she wants to game elsewhere or at clubs/ GW stores, then 40k will be the best bet for now.

Keep in mind that what is confusing/ too much of an overcomplicated hassle for you might not be confusing for someone younger than you. I had no problem learning every last bit of 40k 2nd edition as a 9 year-old, but if you asked me to remember any of it now, or learn/play a ruleset that is just as horribly complex as that game was... no chance.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:39:20 am by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: