Mantic Fanatics
March 29, 2024, 09:12:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

3rd-Party models for use with the Corporation.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3rd-Party models for use with the Corporation.  (Read 989 times)
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2011, 04:15:09 pm »

Thought it might be a good idea to get a list going so we can get complete armies together as soon as the mantic infantry models are released.

I'll start with some things that I'll be buying:

Firestorm/Blaster/Warrior/Pulverizer:

Secret Weapon Assault Vehicle

Nice thing about this kit is that it covers all of the weapon options other than the missile turret for the blaster, and sponsons for the pulverizer. It's a bit of a stretch to use it as a warrior or pulverizer due to the lack of an entry door or heavy armour, but still within the realm of acceptable "counts as" for them.

Factor in modular hot-swappable weapons, so you can have whichever one of the 4 tank types you want, and it's a win. I'll be getting some of these for the Corp and also using them as generic "counts as" for any other Warpath army that needs a vehicle.

Snipers:

Urban War Viridian Snipers

I have a couple of these already, really nice models and it's great to now have a use for them.

The rest of the Viridian range of models might be useful, too, I'm thinking that this female commander looks suitably evil and might match well with the mantic one thanks to the trenchcoat:

And then there's this model (the one on the right) for a perfect forward observer.. used to be able to buy it seperately, but is now only sold with the heavy weapon (might be able to find it separately on some online retailers with old stock, though, or on ebay). If not, the heavy weapon is pretty sweet too, so no loss.

Infinity has some nice sniper sculpts too, but the scale is likely to make them unworkable.

Any ideas for Field Artillery, Striders and Aircraft?

I'm thinking some sort of superheavy power armour for the striders might work out better than a sentinel-type walker, it should look the part without costing a bomb.

Would be nice if Rackham was still around, we'd be rolling in good stuff to use, especially if they'd been able to roll out the full ONI release...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:12:26 pm by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

demyse
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:15:00 pm »

for striders I love the look of micropanzers various types of walkers and old crow VTOL for aircraft
Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:30:56 pm »

Ah, old crow, of course!

Not a fan of some of their stuff like the aircraft (all looks a bit too blocky to me) and hovercraft, but there does seem to be a few nice things on there that aren't lacking in detail.

This APC looks pretty good:

Good range of turret options for sale on there too, and the artillery piece looks perfect.

£10 and it comes with options for both a big artillery gun and a pair of laser guns, which matches the Field artillery entry.

How are they for scale? It says 25mm, so I'm wondering if they might be too small..
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:54:53 pm by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 05:55:09 pm »

Funny...

I just picked up that bottom Old Crow model to add to my Marauders...
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
scarletsquig
Mantic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:38:19 pm »

Cool, look forward to the pics to see how it scales up. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 08:04:23 am »

Think I've found my strider models. Box comes with 3 figures and is cheap, jump packs can explain the Fast rule, their power fist things work for Crushing Strength, and the weapon could look suitably lasery with the ammo belt clipped off.. for £9-12 or so they'll do for me.

There's also a ton of different walker models in the range, which is basically sci-fi Nazis vs. Americans if you want something bigger for your striders although the pricing on is similar to GW, so you'd mainly be looking at them for their style.

For the Prowler, I'm looking at this, an avatar toy... technically the wrong scale (since the pilot seat fits 3-inch action figures), but with either a painted-over ****pit (or converted interior) it could work great, here's some scale pics with infinity models I found.

Only available in America, though, so while the model is dirt cheap, shipping fees will sting... I'll leave it alone if I can't find it for cheaper than a GW valkyrie.
Great option if you're the other side of the pond.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:49:59 am by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
Tellos
newb

Mantic Points: +5/-0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 03:41:59 pm »

Got myself a lot of GW imperial guard lying around, so i'll be taking my models from them.
Corporation marines/Heavy weapons ---> Cadian troopers and heavy weapons
Corporation Veterans(upgraded with heavy laser rifles) ---> Cadian Kasrkin
Corporation Rangers ---> Cadian Veterans(forge world conversion kit with shotguns)
Striders ---> Sentinels
APC ---> Chimera
Main Battle Tank ---> Leman Russ
Heavy Support Vehicle ---> Basilisk/Manticore
Flame Thrower Light Tank ---> Hellhound
Commander ---> Either cadian commander of commissar lord
Forward Observer ---> Metal cadian master vox or master of ordnance
Sniper ---> Cadian Sniper

That covers most of it, models might need some modification for the rules
as corporation troopers with the "right" weapons.

since i played warhammer 40K for about 10 years, got lots of models
lying around to use in warpath.

guess i'll be playing Warpath 40K Wink

Cheers

Report Spam   Logged
Buffirn
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

Current Army: Dwarf, Kingdoms of Man(Brettonians), and coming soon....UNDEAD

Indecision is the key to airpower.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 08:05:34 pm »

Hopefully, this will answer the scaling question for Old Crow.
Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 08:47:12 pm »

^ Ah, brilliant, thanks. That thing is huge!
Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 08:49:30 am »

Bump, after discovering this little gem:

Forward Observer + Sniper:

You get both of them together for £4.50 from Pig Iron.

And, of course, they have a massive selection of alternative heads if you want them, each variant priced at £4.50 for 20. I'm thinking of getting the jumbo pack (81 heads for £14.50) just as a solid addition to my bitz box:

They've got some nice vehicles as well, albeit not at a price which can beat discounted GW.

I do like the look of their heavy laser tank though, that gun looks like it means business:

.. and it looks like there's a lot of potential to switch out turrets or stick a spare burst laser/ laser cannon barrel from the corp infantry to the front, so might be worth getting as a UK-based version of the secret weapon 6x6.

Finally, their wardroids look like they'd be pretty cool for Marauder stunt-bots, at £7.75 each:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:06:18 am by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
Rabid Bunny
newb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 10:24:28 pm »

I'm planning on running these Trenchers for infantry;

http://www.princeaugust.ie/target_games/tg2420-1.html

They're a bit rough and ready but the models are cheap, roughly £10 for 80 models.

I was thinking of using micropanzer's walkers as light vehicles, the models look nice despite being designed for 15mm, the scale shots i've seen put them at around Dreadnought size. Also, were the Corporation's rules in Mantic's newsletter? I'm interested in starting Warpath, but I can't find the Corporation army list.
Report Spam   Logged
wolfcraze
newb

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 06:42:54 pm »

For Vehicles, check out Antenocities Workshop.  Very nice grav-tanks and some APCs/ civilians & vehicles.
Report Spam   Logged
Capt.Camping
newb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 03:41:13 pm »

You guys get good stuff in England. Too bad most U.S. stores dont have these in stock.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: