Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 10:56:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

New stuff for KoW in 2012

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New stuff for KoW in 2012  (Read 1059 times)
sasheep
M

Mantic Points: +5/-0

Current Army: Orcs and Dwarfs.

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:56:42 pm »

I don't know if anyone has read today's blog but there is some good info on what is in store for KoW!

We will also release the first goblin unit. This is the metal spearman regiment – while the plastic bowman unit is away getting tooled...

We have an elite unit of Undead just around the corner too (a surprise new unit – soon to be announced by Alessio) – which will offer a powerful mini unit to add to the Undead Horde.

A few months after that we have a major release for the Abyssal Dwarfs – including resin plastic Half Breeds! These models look stunning and add the cavalry choice to the (Abyssal) Dwarf army (Don’t worry – we will still do Dwarfs on Badgers too at some point!).  This release will be supported with other kits to fill out the Abyssal Dwarf range too…
Report Spam   Logged

Wavering's for wide-eyed girls with ribbons in their hair and elves.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

mattl
M

Mantic Points: +8/-1

Mantic Pathfinder (New England)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 07:28:58 pm »

Hopefully Ronnie will be talking about my project tomorrow Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
JP1138
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:40:16 pm »

Looks like 2012 is a great time for KOW.

Can't wait to add this new unit to Dhak Uthard's Undead Legion (whatever it may be) Wink

Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:22:42 pm »

Heh, plastic goblins.

I love how that one line makes the entire 4 pages of rants on warseer instantly void.  Grin

Looking forward to the plastic bowmen, will get a bunch of those while waiting for the spears. Having a seperate kit for the bowmen is a good idea too, the elf bowmen didn't really work out in plastic due to the moulded shields.

Will be very happy if they eventually manage to get swords, spears and bows in plastic, along with fleabag riders and artillery in restic. Goblins are such a good match for the orc range that filling it out will only increase sales of the orcs as well as mantic starts to look like a solid alternative for making a complete warhammer army.

Looking forward to part 2 tomorrow, Ronnie has mentioned that he'd like to take all the metal parts of the abyssals and convert them to restic to lower the price, and abyssal dwarfs were mentioned quite a lot on that leaked document so we might be hearing more about that. I wouldn't mind an army of them if they had a lower price point and a larger range of models. They mix will with orcs and goblins (and don't even have to use the alliance rules for their slave orcs), which is good for making a small amount of models go a long way.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 09:33:02 pm by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:47:06 pm »

I'm still a bit concerned that even with the upcoming archers, the goblin release seems a bit light  for a full army. It's also the first time Mantic hasn't put up a full army preorder deal up on their site. Can't help but believe Mantic is having to cut corners on new releases.

Curious about what the new unit for undead is, and why it was felt necessary to add to the undead line at a time when emphasis should be on goblins.

Restic Abyssals were expected, so no surprise to see the start of those.

I hope the Dwarf Badger Cavalry is an inside joke between Ronnie and those who've attended the Mantic functions. Sure I want dwarven cavalry, but badgers...?
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:53:38 pm »

Can you think of anything else that burrows and is bad-ass enough for a dwarf to ride?
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
orcsbain
M

Mantic Points: +6/-0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 09:58:12 pm »

Curious about what the new unit for undead is, and why it was felt necessary to add to the undead line at a time when emphasis should be on goblins.

I hope the Dwarf Badger Cavalry is an inside joke between Ronnie and those who've attended the Mantic functions. Sure I want dwarven cavalry, but badgers...?

The undead could just be down to the sculpter, I remember talking to Ronnie at salute last year just before the restic wraiths came out, and he said that the guy that sculpted the metal ones just camoe to him with some wore and asked if he wanted them! so he bought the masters and did them in restic. Either way why sit on minis when they are ready to sell?

As for the badger riders, brok is an old english (and scottish I think) term for badger, so the joke made it into the army list!.
ttfn
Report Spam   Logged

"Mantic: like GW, minus the GW-ness".
scarletsquig
Mantic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 10:04:24 pm »

Probably for sales, I'd imagine. Undead are the best-selling line and with the VC release there's been a lot of interest in mantic. I've been trying to keep up with threads, supplying lots of comparison pics etc, and the response has been really positive, I've been finding it dead easy to convince people that they are worth getting because the sculpts are better than GWs at half the price.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new unit was a not-GW something or other, possibly monstrous infantry or a varghulf-type fiend. Possibly mounted wraiths, Nightsword mentioned something along the lines of that recently.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:06:43 pm by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
Baragash
Ma

Mantic Points: +7/-0

Current Army: KoW Undead & Dwarves

Lord of the Pit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 07:36:11 am »

Mounted wraiths or giant bats would be the two not-GW things that I reckon would be a hit given the price (hexwraiths) or price/quality/lulwut (fell bats) of the GW equivalents.
Report Spam   Logged

mattl
M

Mantic Points: +8/-1

Mantic Pathfinder (New England)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 02:45:35 pm »

More news is up...
Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 04:59:22 pm »

I see goblins...
Report Spam   Logged
sasheep
M

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 05:41:54 pm »

There is a bit more about goblins and TK today:

We’ve just received some new Goblin shots in fact so we’ll be posting these up this week. Check back tomorrow where we will have more on the Twilight Kin Assassin and a new Twilight Kin video!
Report Spam   Logged

Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 07:13:43 pm »

Looking forward to new goblin pics, as the the ones Mantic put up on their blog today have been shown on their online store for the last couple of weeks already.

Plus I've already had them up on the rumour roundup here.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
sasheep
M

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 05:36:21 pm »

And goblin pics are up!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:54:48 pm by sasheep » Report Spam   Logged

scarletsquig
Mantic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 06:24:15 pm »

Those are great. If they ever manage to get those sculpts in plastic, I'll be down for several hundred.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: