Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 10:58:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

KoW in the libraries

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KoW in the libraries  (Read 453 times)
Herne
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Elves (2x types), Twilight Kin, Dwarves, Kingdoms of Men

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2012, 05:31:43 am »

Hello all,

in the library service i work it, we are exploring various forms of  gaming in the library. I have managed to source and acquire, thanks to a very friendly distributor, four small Mantic KoW armies at a very reasonable price.

while i have had a very brief "test-run" explaining a battle to new players i was wondering if anyone had suggestions of how to keep momentum going; suggestions on how to run painting classes, battles, tournaments etc. that i could stea...borrow?

any help/suggestions most welcome
Report Spam   Logged

I am Herne the Hunter...and you are but a leaf, driven in the wind...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Piston Honda
newb

Mantic Points: +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 10:25:54 am »

Not sure how to go about painting classes as I am a terrible painter.

As for tournaments, I would suggest doing demos first (650 or so points) and demo 2 armies that play very different from each other to show people the vast difference in play styles and flavors. It worked well for me with Uncharted Seas. Warmachine did not pickup in my area due to the poor demoing by the guy. 2 armies that all they did was rush up the middle the field and smashed each other.

As for tournaments, I would start out with free tournaments, perhaps you can get mantic to send you some swag of some type. People love free stuff, I don't know why, they just do.

Outside interaction is always appreciated. Forum or email. Or whatever social network you like.

I do have one suggestion for painting, though I am not one to give tips on shading or weather, etc.

"painting parties" were something very popular. Just a bunch of guys getting together listening to music, chatting and painting until 4:00 AM was awesome.

We use to do it at a local game store and the store gave out free hobby supplies every hour. You got to roll the wheel and you would get either free paint, brushes, basing material, green stuff or whatever.

Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:31:50 am »

For demo games it's probably a good idea to use what come in the starter sets Mantic sells plus one or two obvious additions. That way people can see an army that they can easily get for themselves without too much effort and expense.
Report Spam   Logged
citycoollife
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 04:54:35 pm »

For paintings and models you can organize a small weekend events with goodies and parties. Invites to local known sculptors and artists can also do. And there are always competitions that could make the games corner more happening. Prizes, game passes, free KOW goodies(like stickers or simply tattoos) can make it a big hit.

As for games, as i am more of an artist, suggestion of Piston sounds just perfect.(tournaments!)
Report Spam   Logged

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: