Mantic Fanatics
April 18, 2024, 06:44:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Warpath 1st Edition (melee and special weapons)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warpath 1st Edition (melee and special weapons)  (Read 571 times)
Capt.Camping
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:13:56 pm »

Hello

I have a problem with the first edition refering to melee. How you guys deal with special weapons when you roll for hit and damage. You do it independently for the model or the whole unit? for example the Mincer blades.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:47:48 pm »

Well, let's look at the Mincer Blades in particular since you brought them up.

When you go to attack in melee with a unit that has Mincer Blades as an upgrade, you'll do your normal attacks (it's easiest if you go ahead and see if they wound too), and then you'll do the Mincer Blade attacks.

Roll a d6 for each Mincer Blade in the unit  to determine how many attacks you get with them.  Roll that many dice (kept apart from your normal attacks) to see how many hit.  Then, any of those that hit get Crushing Strength (2) to determine if they wound.

Add all of your inflicted wounds for that round together, then proceed to the Nerve test.
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 08:28:40 pm »

Or use different colour dice for any special weapons.
Report Spam   Logged
Capt.Camping
newb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 11:46:37 pm »

Thanks for answers

During the playtesting 20 grunt platoon attacked the heavy Drakkar in melee. The Heavy Drakkar have no damage and did a Hard turn! so the +2 modifier is not applied and the -2 not sure because they use "and" instead of "or". I assume there is no modifiers to use so I have to throw 40 dice to hit, but I see the Drakkar have a defense of +11 so it will be impossible to damage it normally even adding the Crushing +1 ability Army special rules for the Marauders.

Now I go with the Mincer Blades against the Heavy Drakkar will not be enough since it has a +11 defense and the maximum damage of the blades will be 8 (Crushing Strength 2)

Now I have 2 extra Ripper talons on the same unit. The first talon do 1 hit with a 6 and one damage with a 6 (6+cs5=11). The second talon do a hit with a 6 and again "dont tell me how?" another six (6+cs5=11) for the second damage. Not normal.

Then I do the nerve test and it pass.

If I did it right, comparing what I did here is more simple than when I play orks in 40k. The options of weapons I can mix and use in my orks as Marauders is more entertaining and less restrictive.
Report Spam   Logged
Bert
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 08:45:04 am »

Yeah, that sounds right. It is very simple.

And I'm guessing you learned that the grunts section is really not geared to taking out tanks in combat. I think we were using a Stunt Bot team, or a Captain, although in combat a ripper team is probably the best thing to take.
Report Spam   Logged
Capt.Camping
newb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 04:53:01 pm »

Yes, it seems that attacking a Heavy Drakkar even with 3 Ripper talons is not a good idea even if you get the +2 bonus. You have to be very lucky to cause at least one damage.

Apart from Stunt bots and Captains what else is good against the Heavy Drakkar? The Battlebot good?

I was reading something about getting +1 to hit when shooting armor as Obvious targets
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: