Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 10:55:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Reaper Minis TV needs a new host.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reaper Minis TV needs a new host.  (Read 234 times)
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2012, 08:00:15 am »

So the current presenter of Reaper Minis TV on YouTube is stepping down due to real life issues, and they are needing a new host.

Since we have a lot of very talented folks here in the Fanatics, and I know that many of you are Reaper Minis fans, I thought a heads-up here was in order.

I would love to do this myself, but I just don't have the equipment for it. I've neither a video camera nor a proper computer.

If you are by chance interested, search on YouTube for Reaper Minis TV  087 for the latest episode as they have an email address near the end to contact Reaper for those interested. Wouldn't hurt to watch an episode or two if you're not familiar with the channel either.

Good luck to anyone who decides to go for it.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bert
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 11:37:32 am »

Hey Darsc.
To be honest, it seems like a fairly expensive thing to do, as you'd have to buy one of every single mini they produce.
I have a camera that can do all of that.
The actual video part would be very simple to do (as I'm sure you can tell). It really is just having a good camera, and a turntable(both of which I have). Pity it's so expensive.
Look forward to seeing what happens.
Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 05:26:13 pm »

Hey there Bert. Reaper would provide the minis for review. If a person already has the computer and video camera, their biggest investment would be the time it takes to create it.

The only issue I could see for you, would be the length of time it would take for the mini's to reach you due to your geographic location, as Reaper are located in Texas. Still, it wouldn't hurt to contact them through that email address in the last episode.

Heck, if it was me I'd video a quick review of a single mini, whatever mini I had on hand Reaper or not, and send it to them so they could see for themselves what kind of quality I could produce as well as what I'd sound like.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:35:15 pm by Darsc Zacal » Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Robert
Mant

Mantic Points: +16/-1

Current Army: Dwarfs, Elves, Undead, Naughty Dwarfs...

In The Navy...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 05:50:25 pm »

I would go for this except with my accent I'd be compared to the gents from Beasts of War - though much more handsome!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: