Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 07:58:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Kings of War Vassal Mod?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kings of War Vassal Mod?  (Read 447 times)
asgard-studio
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Undead

Official Mantic Pathfinder

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:51:32 am »

Greetings guys!!

Just wondering, I don't know how many of you are familiar with Vassal, the online game playing engine that provides the models, terrain, board and dice rolls, you provide the rules and tactics?

If you are, then do you know of anyone that has created a Vassal Mod for Kings of War? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing the game with the miniatures, but I'd also like the oppportunity to play those overseas (and I'm not one for travelling much!) Vassal would be ideal! I've used it for WarmaHordes quite often, and it works really well.

I haven't a clue on how to write the sprites and other bits necessary to get Kings of War on Vassal- but IF there isn't already a Kings of War (and I'm just about to go searching for one) does anyone here have the necessary skill to create one?

Just musings and thoughts, gentlemen,

Pete
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The Dwarf
newb

Mantic Points: +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:24:02 pm »

Hey Asgard... I got the same ideia some time ago.

Vassal looks just perfect for Kings of War. I kinda started a Vassal KoW Mod some time ago, but formeted the PC and just forgot about it...

I dont know how to write the program, but using Vassal 40k mod i was able to make a good mod, wich pratically only needed units art. Unfurtunately, i dont have found the original programers of it (to get the autorization to use the "40k based" mod), and after formating the PC, put the ideia by side.

Its not hard, true. The program consider 1 pixel per mm in game, wich pretty means that you just have to make the units with the right sizes, and add them to the mod (in case, 25 pixels per base). You made me remember it, and maybe with mantic fanatics we can make it true?
Report Spam   Logged

GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.

No sir, i will not quit 40k, GW had done some nasty things, but the game is still fun. Perhaps, i will quit GW, there is a lot of companies out ther
asgard-studio
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Undead

Official Mantic Pathfinder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

That would be rather cool, cos I'd love to play against other Fanatics overseas, that I wouldn't normally get a chance to play against! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: