Mantic Fanatics
April 19, 2024, 06:28:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Napoleonic Kings of War

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Napoleonic Kings of War  (Read 17790 times)
Nathaniel
M

Mantic Points: +7/-0

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2011, 04:39:40 am »

The Kings of War contained turns (your opponent doesn't do anything until you're completely done) doesn't work for Napoleonics at the Brigade level.  It just doesn't make any sense at all given skirmishing and musketry.  The method of warfare is just too different from an ancients/medieval approach that forms the basis for Kings of War.

It's starting to look like the end result of this might not look anything like Kings of War.  Much like how Blitzkrieg Commander doesn't look like Warmaster even though that's its heritage.

I made some counters and ran through some testing of Kings of War with reduced ranges and taking choices from a subset of Kings of War "Kingdoms of Men" and it sort of works.  I'm rereading some of my Napoleonic references and it looks like such a game might work for English Civil War, but isn't really suitable for the Napoleonic era without some changes.  It's just too linear/medieval based.

So I'm going to cobble and hammer and test and see what sort of Frankenstein's Monster I come up with.  The end result might be so different from Kings of War that I probably shouldn't call it a historical variant of the game.
Report Spam   Logged

Write some fiction about your army.
Warpath: http://manticfanatics.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,506.msg4183

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: