Mantic Fanatics
April 20, 2024, 04:15:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Napoleonic Kings of War

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Napoleonic Kings of War  (Read 17796 times)
Nathaniel
M

Mantic Points: +7/-0

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2011, 03:36:42 am »

So I've been doing some more reading on period tactics and realized that at this scope and for this era. the flank and rear attack bonuses don't make sense.  The late 18th century saw the ending of the "turn the flank to win" approach to battle.  Training soldiers to take different formations very rapidly became the norm.

So double dice for flanking will only happen when you charge a unit that is already charged by another unit and the 2nd unit starts its turn completely in the flank or rear of the target.

I'm also going to allow artillery to shoot into melee with infantry units that have been charged only by cavalry.  At the scope of one brigade per base, the batteries would have no trouble shooting at the formed up infantry battalions like how Clausewitz described.

Artillery is also going to get a very short range breath weapon attack for grape shot.  I'll also probably use something closer to the last edition's rules for artillery rather than rolling to hit and damage before rolling blast.
Report Spam   Logged

Write some fiction about your army.
Warpath: http://manticfanatics.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,506.msg4183

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: