Mantic Fanatics
March 29, 2024, 06:27:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Napoleonic Kings of War

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Napoleonic Kings of War  (Read 17695 times)
Nathaniel
M

Mantic Points: +7/-0

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2011, 11:08:15 pm »

So this project is a go.  I've had a bunch of miniatures in a box for a while, not motivated enough to paint them because of a lack of possible rules to use them with.  Now they're on the painting table with 12 of them primed and partially painted to test appropriate painting techniques before I tackle the rest.  And they'll stay on the painting table until I get my hands on that Elf Warhost I want.

As for list design, I think i'm going to keep is super simple.  Light cav, heavy cav, light batteries, heavy batteries, horse artillery, a few different grades of infantry.  Then I'll probably handle national flavour with army wide special rules like "Thin Red Line" to cover the British using a 2 man deep line for shooting instead of 3 men deep or "Grand Battery" for how the Russians organized their cannons.

I'm not 100% sure how to handle skirmishers except to just hand wave them and roll them into the fighting.  Grande Armee simply assigns each brigade a skirmish stat and then uses that as part of a combat modifier.  I need to do more research about how far skirmishers ranged from their brigades.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 03:37:15 am by Nathaniel » Report Spam   Logged

Write some fiction about your army.
Warpath: http://manticfanatics.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,506.msg4183

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: