Mantic Fanatics
April 16, 2024, 08:53:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Napoleonic Kings of War

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Napoleonic Kings of War  (Read 17762 times)
Nathaniel
M

Mantic Points: +7/-0

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2011, 03:40:33 pm »

I've done a lot more work on this and have basically reached the point that I can no longer call the game a historical "Kings of War."

It still sort of has nerve, but I renamed that strength as I decided that it would work well to have attacks = nerve and combined them.  You don't ever check nerve/strength to see if something routs.  It routs when strength is reduced to 0 (though there is a chance of forcing the brigade back if you hit enough).

The basing system is completely different with nothing in common with the troop/regiment/horde system of Kings of War.

I heavily meshed the turn sequences so a player's activity is not at all confined to their own turn.

I got rid of rolling against defense after you hit.  Now it's just "6s to hit" with no 2nd roll (if someone is better or if there are modifiers, they just roll more dice).

There's actually a command/control system so you don't just get to move everything however you want every turn.

It's still relatively fast.  The 6s to hit thing really speeds things up.  In two of the playtests I played with a friend, including teaching time we fought a 30,000+ soldiers per side battle in about two hours.  So one of the largest battles of the era (Borodino) with 125,000+ per side would likely take about 7 or so hours.  Borodino is something players of Napoleonics get glassy eyed about, so it's not a real good measurement. 

So this project doesn't really belong here anymore.  It's changed too much from the original.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:26:45 am by Nathaniel » Report Spam   Logged

Write some fiction about your army.
Warpath: http://manticfanatics.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,506.msg4183

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: