Mantic Fanatics
December 16, 2019, 05:19:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Napoleonic Kings of War

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Napoleonic Kings of War  (Read 11941 times)
Nathaniel
M

Mantic Points: +7/-0

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2011, 06:01:00 am »

The troop/regiment/horde thing isn't really going to work as a brigade at this scale could jam itself into an inch wide marching column on the table or expand into a foot long firing line.  Some brigades could have four battalions while others could have double that.

Looking at some orders of battle, it looks like the smaller battles might have 15 or so brigades per side and the largest upwards of 50.  If I did a battalion/regiment/brigade breakdown of troop/regiment/horde, I'd have to either require tons and tons of miniatures to play even the smallest of the battles or let go of the grand tactical scope and play a smaller portion of a battle like all the battalion level games out there.

I think the thing to do is to let each base be a brigade (or partial brigade) and have them with an appropriate nerve level.  I think I'm also going to put 4-8 figures on a 50mm square base and make the ground scale a heavily abstracted and not absolute 1 inch = 200 yards.  This means I'll be looking at getting about 200 figures painted for both sides of a smaller battle with about 15-20 50mm squares per side.

I think a Napoleonic Kings of War might end up looking a lot like a simplified version of Black Powder that doesn't require a 10 foot by 6 foot table.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:33:13 pm by Nathaniel » Report Spam   Logged

Write some fiction about your army.
Warpath: http://manticfanatics.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,506.msg4183

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: