Mantic Fanatics
March 19, 2024, 07:37:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hello again!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello again!  (Read 343 times)
sasheep
M

Mantic Points: +5/-0

Current Army: Orcs and Dwarfs.

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2011, 09:14:14 pm »

Hey guys, it has been a while since I was last on here properly. I took a bit of a break from wargaming and that over the past few months for various reasons (new uni placement, lack of money and a bit of a mental hobby block) but I have been dragged back in xp I just ordered myself the Christmas bag as a present to myself and will hopefully start modelling and painting again this weekend. I haven't been able to really read many of the topic threads yet but is there anything cool in the works?? And what is this I hear about Dwarf kin's hold getting warbands?
Cheers guys!
SASheep
Report Spam   Logged

Wavering's for wide-eyed girls with ribbons in their hair and elves.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 09:30:29 pm »

Lots of new stuff in the works.

For Fanatsy:

The Dwarf Kings Hold game will be getting an expansion soon. Not a seperate game like the first two box sets, so you will still need at least one of them to play. Warbands and multiplayer are some of the new rules being introduced. It's already up for preorder.

February will see the official release of the Twilight Kin army.(including a new assassin mini)

February should also start to see the release of some of the Goblin mini's.(metal miniatures)

The Kings of War Hardback rulebook should be out the middle to the end of next year.

For SciFi:

April will see the release of a "Dwarf Kings Hold"...In Space!!! style of boardgame released featuring Corporation vs The 8th Race.

Corporation will be officially unveiled Christmas day on Mantics Newsletter, so get signed up if you're not already. Preorders might also be up then, althought the official release date is not until March. The figures will be restic(4units) and a metal Major General mini.

There's a couple of other things too, but I'll have those in the News and Rumour threads once I've finished compiling the info.

Oh yeah... Almost forgot. It's good to have you back. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Nathaniel
M

Mantic Points: +7/-0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 11:38:03 pm »

Welcome.

I don't know what to add to the list above, except to say that Dwarf Kings Hold + Expansion + Christmas Bag = awesome amount of miniatures to build war bands out of.

I just painted my first Mantic unit up and I'm finding that washes work better than classic manual shading and highlighting.  I think Mantic really emphasized ease of painting and getting projects done in their design decisions.
Report Spam   Logged

Write some fiction about your army.
Warpath: http://manticfanatics.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,506.msg4183
Bert
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 04:14:50 pm »

Good to see you around again.
That was kind of odd that you disappeared, but I think I used to tend to do the same too. Now I try not to be gone too long, because I know that if I am I'll be back fairly soon again (well, when we're talking wargaming in general)
Report Spam   Logged
sasheep
M

Mantic Points: +5/-0

Current Army: Orcs and Dwarfs.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 09:44:06 pm »

Cheers guys Smiley that is a lovely long list Darsc, cheers! I'm really excited about dkh, it sounds like it will be great fun. Glad the TK are coming out in February, looks like my birthday presents are sorted :p I picked my brush up for the first time in ages today and did it feel good! Looks like my hobby addiction is back Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Wavering's for wide-eyed girls with ribbons in their hair and elves.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: