Mantic Fanatics
April 19, 2024, 11:56:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Reporting for duty

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reporting for duty  (Read 106 times)
war_grub
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:17:59 am »

Hiya,

Looks like I caught the mantic bug too. Pretty standard story I guess, I was pretty stoked about 8th ed warhammerr (even though I barely ever get to play) when I stumbled upon mantics models. When I did the maths I realised I could buy two full 3000pt army's from mantic for the same price as updating my lizardmen to 8th edition (if I bought them from GW in Australia). Then they released the rules, which were simple enoogh to teach to my non wargaming mates in a single evening (this is a huge plus for me). Plus, the models pretty well kick ass (especially the undead).

So here I am. I've managed to introduce a couple of mates to the game, with a few more I want to rope in to give it a shot. Easy rules to teach and learn, I'm stoked, I hope mantic keep that up with there future games. I set myself an army painting challenge for the new year, to paint my undead army by easter. I'm about half way there. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon. And I thought I'd join  up witt the community and share the mantic love. I'm usuallyy more of a forum lurker so this'll be a first for me.

See ya round,
war_grub
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Manticore
Man

Mantic Points: +1/-0

Current Army: Undead and soon to be Orks!

you may also know me as Gormath on other forums...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:30:13 pm »

Where about in Australia are you from mate?
Report Spam   Logged

I'm such a **** for Mantic...
http://www.communitywalk.com/manticfanatics
Mantic Fanatics Member Locator Map... Join up to locate other Mantic Fanatics around the world!
war_grub
newb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 09:40:08 am »

I'm over in Perth.
Report Spam   Logged
Manticore
Man

Mantic Points: +1/-0

Current Army: Undead and soon to be Orks!

you may also know me as Gormath on other forums...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:53:46 am »

Bugger. Was hoping you were maybe from SA... Still lacking a decent number of KoW players here but I'm working on it!
Report Spam   Logged

I'm such a **** for Mantic...
http://www.communitywalk.com/manticfanatics
Mantic Fanatics Member Locator Map... Join up to locate other Mantic Fanatics around the world!
rainbowbluespixie
newb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:29:25 pm »

hey guys, see if you can use your aussie charms on your fellow countrymen and get the Worlds end Radio lads to give mantic another glance...
they have mentioned the mini's before (not in a massively favourable light) and have shifted direction recently to cover alternatives to the GW monopoly, so maybe..

Love their podcast though, lets get em manticised! I have tried to start a few threads on their planet killers forum but seems like theres no takers down under thus far :-)
Report Spam   Logged
war_grub
newb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 09:09:08 am »

Haven't heard of worlds end radio before. I'll have to give them a look in sometime.

Hopefull we can get more aussies on board with mantic. I don't think it'd be a hard sell given the huge price differences compared to local GW prices.
Report Spam   Logged
rainbowbluespixie
newb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 07:29:25 pm »

search em on itunes - hands down the best wargaming podcast out there imho
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: