Mantic Fanatics
April 20, 2024, 02:49:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Orcs v (Wood) Elves 1500pts

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Orcs v (Wood) Elves 1500pts  (Read 168 times)
Herne
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Elves (2x types), Twilight Kin, Dwarves, Kingdoms of Men

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2011, 11:33:06 am »

Ancient Elven artifacts lie buried beneath the hamlet of Yarden. This human settlement had been built on ancient elf foundations. Indeed the human's even built their clock tower directly on Elven foundations!

The Wood Elves usher forth from the Forest home to confront the Orcs, the artifacts can't be allowed to be lost to the greenskin!
The Orcs know nothing of artifacts, specifically, they just want loot and see an undefended human village as easy prey...

The christmas tree at the heart of the village is more than simple decoration, buried beneath its roots is the Yule-stone, a magic jewel of great power and this is worth fighting over alone (100 extra victory points to whoever controls the xmas tree at the end of the game).

This was a fun game that really swung one way then another. My word, it was blood thirsty with both sides having very little left by the end.

In the first turn Wip the half-cast (orc list) was savaged by an Elven sabre-toothed **** cat and routed straight away with out doing anything! in the early turns the speed of the elves took me straight into the heart of the orc battleline. My elven cavalry also managed to wipeout a 3 chariot strong unit in a single charge. My Palace guard charged in against an orc ax horde and did massive damage, only to roll a dreaded snake eyes (double one) on the nerve test...doh!

My luck then changed as this unit was charged in the flank by Orc Gore-Riders and routed, the place guard, charged in turn by the ax horded, a flag bearer (whatever they are called and a krudger) also routed, gulp.

I had Wardancers and dryads, sorry Sylvan folk, do some damage on the opposite flank but they were eventually overwhelmed by numbers, leaving me with only Orion (see my new/old special characters post) and Arial, ala the green lady to hold the centre supported by a lone scout unit. Howeverthese ten meagre scouts proved to be lethal killing machines, and they accounted for the routing of four seprate orc units during the battle (don't underestimate bow fire, or those few points of damage which linger on a unit from one fight to the next).

in the end i won, simply because the green lady and Orion accounted for so many points and the green lady's heal 8 on a hero/monster that also has the regenerate rule is wonderful for really frustrating your opponent who just can't quite manage kill a unit off.
Report Spam   Logged

I am Herne the Hunter...and you are but a leaf, driven in the wind...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Herne
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Elves (2x types), Twilight Kin, Dwarves, Kingdoms of Men

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 11:36:03 am »

i have a few pics to share, but seem to have trouble loading them, do we have upload limitations?
Report Spam   Logged

I am Herne the Hunter...and you are but a leaf, driven in the wind...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: