Mantic Fanatics
April 17, 2024, 12:24:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

new/old Special characters

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new/old Special characters  (Read 230 times)
Herne
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Elves (2x types), Twilight Kin, Dwarves, Kingdoms of Men

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2011, 07:56:37 am »

Hello all,

i was wondering if any of you have created rules for your own characters, or even some old warhammer favourites?

my group has, but the way we do it is to simply use the rules/costs/stats of something else in the game to respresent them; i.e., awe have a tomb king player that uses Morgoth's points/rules/stats for her Khalida model, that she is particularly attached too. I have even used the cost/stats ect  of Dwarf beserker brock riders for wood elf Wardancers ( need to boost their speed from dwarf speed, can retain headstrong and swap vicious for the elves racial rule of elite). I know we may still be holding onto some aspects of the ebnemies rules, but its our group and thats what we are happy to do.

A prime example is the GW model for Orion is my favourite miniature and my best paint job (i hate painting). I'm l,oathe to just cast it aside since i have changed gaming systems.

i really want to be able to use him in KoW so my gaming group and i came up with the following stats and rules:

King in the Wood/the Wild Hunter/etc (1)          H/M
unit size          sp   me   ra   de   at     ne       pts
         1                  7    4+    -    5+   7   19/21     350

Special: Crushing Strength (3), Regeneration, Zap! (5), Musician.

explanation: same stats and points as an abyssal fiend (twilight kin) so it exists in-game already.
Zap! (5) to represent his hunting bow, Musician to respresnt his horn, regeneration seems to fit in lieu of ward saves etc, admitedly his melee isn't that great, buts as mentioned above these stats/points cost exist in the game already and there has to be be both give and take for a sense of gaming balance right?

Has anyone had similar experinces? What do you think of the above?
Report Spam   Logged

I am Herne the Hunter...and you are but a leaf, driven in the wind...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JP1138
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:37:44 am »

I use Mhorgoth The Faceless model and stats as Dhak Uthard, newly risen lord of the Undead, crafting himself on his past mentor, hoping to strike even greater terror in those he faces across the battlefield by looking like their old enemy.

I also use an old GW male Elf Mage but class him as a Mage-Prince rather than a mage-queen, using him as Fallon Weirt, an old teacher of the arcane arts and mentor to another Cerillion sister - Morrig, whose fate alongside that of her sister Mageana, spells doom for the Elves of Ethil-Enwe.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: