Mantic Fanatics
April 19, 2024, 04:35:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Why I went with Kings of War and not WFB

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I went with Kings of War and not WFB  (Read 2554 times)
Andy_B
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:46:00 pm »

I guess I'm just echoing the thoughts of others but for me it was two fold really....

About 12 months ago my 2 sons wanted to "paint models like Dad" and the thought of buying and letting them build and paint GW models (they were 7 at the time) felt like giving them £20 notes and watching them make paper aeroplanes.  I was in Hobby Craft with my wife one day when I saw Kings of War models that even at Hobby Crafts inflated prices seemed cheap.  I picked up the free Journal they had in store and had a look on the Mantic website when I got home.

I loved the models so much I bought a Dwarf Army for myself along with some Undead and Elf models for my boys. 

All the guys at my game club played (and still do play) WFB but because having 2 kids and a job and everything that goes with it I just never found the time to really get to grips with WFB.  Even the guys who play it regularly still play with the massive rule book on the table and constantly refere to it throughout their games.

I found the KOW rules easy enough that I could learn to play by reading them (rather than having to be taught them like WFB) and even my boys picked up the rules no problem.  Now as I dont play as often as I'd like to I can still play KOW without having to refere to the rules every 2 seconds and still have loads of fun playing.

I do still love some of the GW models however I love the Mantic ones too.  I'm currently building my own Undead army and I'm loving the sculpts.

I'm struggling to get some of the WFB crowd to try the game as they are very hardened GW fanatics however I'm sure over time this will change and I'm looking forward to having my first fully painted army on the table in early 2012.

Andy...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: