Mantic Fanatics
March 19, 2024, 07:29:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

CHAOS ARMY STATS

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CHAOS ARMY STATS  (Read 2926 times)
slartibartfast
« on: February 04, 2011, 02:11:09 pm »

HI GUYS,
 BEEN MESSING AROUND WITH A CHAOS WARRIOR LIST FOR USE WITH KoW. ONLY BEEN PLAYTESTED ONCE AND STILL VERY MUCH UNDER DEVELOPMENT BUT YOUR THOUGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE MORE THAN WELCOMED. (SEE ATTACHMENT)

HOPING TO PUT TOGETHER STATS SO I CAN USE ALL  MY OLD WARHAMMER (SPIT!) ARMIES SO HOPEFULLY WILL POST THESE AT A LATER DATE.

SLARTI
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:21:50 pm by slartibartfast » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Manticore
Man

Mantic Points: +1/-0

Current Army: Undead and soon to be Orks!

you may also know me as Gormath on other forums...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 02:44:11 pm »

I love seeing fan made lists even if they are not fully developed. I have a few Warhammer armies but have completely dropped the warhammer rules in favour of Kings of War. I am too slack to write my own lists/stats (busy on another project  Wink ) so other people developing them is a godsend!
Report Spam   Logged

I'm such a **** for Mantic...
http://www.communitywalk.com/manticfanatics
Mantic Fanatics Member Locator Map... Join up to locate other Mantic Fanatics around the world!
slartibartfast
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:28:26 pm »

I see you have a few O&G types there Manticore!!! I downloaded a list for them recently and it looks great. Yet to try it though. Have you got a list for KoW?

I was a Warhammer(spit!) user and like you I tried and hated 8th. Got a few armies which I would like to use (mostly GW, SPIT!)for KoW while keeping the armies characteristics, so I'm looking to incorporating such things as Animosity and Pump Wagons & Chariots for O&G and experimental stuff like Black Coach and Bat Swarm for the Undead, any ideas? 

Report Spam   Logged
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 07:40:00 pm »

Hmmmm, the Power of Chaos army rule is essentially Inspiring for every model/unit.  It seems to make half of the Yellow-bellied rule redundant.

Unit attacks stack n, n, 2xn so far, so I don't see why Chaos Warriors are 10,20,25. or Marauders are 10, 16, 25.

Both should be 10, 10, 20.  Infact, most of your attacks seem off.

Chosen are, on paper, beastly.  For the 10 man unit, you pay only slightly more than a Dwarf Berserker Lord, have better defense, double the attacks, Elite, access to a banner/musician, yes they are slower and less manouverable, but still...

Chaos Knights are marginally slower than Stormwind Cavalry, but hit harder and pay slightly more for their banner.

Just my first impressions from skimming the list, not based on any tabletop experience I hasten to add.
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 08:17:39 pm »

I hope you don't mind but I had a stab at revising the list. I had similar thoughts to gaarew on reading through it. I tweaked a few things and came up with a new army rule to represent the fickle whim of the gods. How's it look now?

Report Spam   Logged
slartibartfast
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 08:59:22 pm »

Hi Matt,
Don't mind at all and to be honest you've done a great job on the revised list. I especially like the Whim of Chaos rule!! I agree with  the comments gaarew came up with too. The list itself was a very loose draft and very much a work in progress tied into my own collection. I'm trying sort out lists for all my Warhammer armies so I can use ALL units. I'll keep plugging away!
Hope you guys out there will give the revised list a go and return some feedback.
Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 10:47:49 pm »

I'm a bit wary of creating any new magic as I'm not sure what direction KoW will take it, but it would be nice to have some kind of "signature" spell for each army. What should the Chaos one be?

EDIT: I also toyed with the idea of adding beastmen to the list (or having them as an option on the tribesmen). Also, maybe some kind of hell-cannon: otherwise the chaos army is very short range.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:49:53 pm by mattjgilbert » Report Spam   Logged
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 08:27:25 pm »

Couple of points Matt - I haven't looked at comparable points costs though.

Warriors/Chosen - I would keep Warriors and Chosen as separate entries, much like Skeletons and Revenants.  Factor the extra cost into Chosen.  Maybe make Warriors size 10/20/30, and cap Chosen at 5/10/20, much like Dwarf Berserkers or Elven Palace Guard.

SPD should be 5.  Melee 4+ and Def 5+ seems fine, maybe give them the Abyssal Dwarf option of replacing Shields with two-handed weapons for free, making the CS(1) and Def 4+?

Bump Chosen to 3+ Melee and ramp up the points.

Tribesmen - Seem fine.  Wary of the 4+ Melee though, especially for a cheap unit.

Forsaken - seem quite nasty.

Knights look about right.

Warhounds - should probably be DEF 3+, same as Ghouls/Zombies, they aren't really armoured or especially tough.  Don't know if I'd go with 10 model units, just to stop Hound Spam.

Trolls - Should probably be CS(2), moreso than Forsaken.

Heroes/Monsters - Spd 5 for the Chaos Warriors, the Exalted should prob be a bit more costly compared to a Dwarf Berserker Lord, SPD 5 and approx 180 I reckon, going by the extra SPD, DEF, generic Inspiring, and Elite rules.  Also, don't know if Heal really fits into this list.

I like the Whim of the Gods rules.  Another option would be along the lines of 'Under the eyes of the Gods' whereby Heroes with Inspiring have a range of 12", to represent the mortals fighting harder under the gaze of their champions.

Hellcannon - look at the Abyssal Dwarf warmachines, but consider classing it as a monster so that it can charge/doesn't take triple attacks in CC.

Ok, Magic power...  Spells...

How about having the standard Undivided Sorcerer as is, but allowing them to be Marked for, say 30 points?

Tzeentch Sorcerer - Flickering Fire - Zap, but Piercing (2)
Nurgle Sorcerer - Stream of Corruption (n) - Breath Attack, with Piercing (1)
Slaanesh Sorcerer - Languid Advance (n) - Dark Surge with no Shambling prerequisite.

Just a few things to consider/abuse.   Grin
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:28:57 pm by gaarew » Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 04:38:47 pm »

In Prague at the moment (for work...) so will take a look when I get back
Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 01:18:31 pm »

How's this now?
Report Spam   Logged
Dobie
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Undead (beeing painted)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 01:11:06 pm »

The Chosens At are somewhat funny... they look far too low! At7 for (5), At7 für (10) and At 14 for (20).
The Hellsplitter should add a close-combat-profile - it should be more like a dragon without flying and s low Sp.
Report Spam   Logged
asgard-studio
M

Current Army: Undead

Official Mantic Pathfinder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 06:13:06 pm »

Hey guys! I bet the list would be great, but can anyone slap it into pdf form, cos the downloads all keep flinging it into WordPad on my pc which is terrible for actually reading and playing from?

Cheers!

Pete McF
ASgard STudio
Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 04:54:05 pm »

The latest version of this army (and where I now maintain it) is v1.5. Linked on warseer in the fan list tracker: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298829

And it's PDF like normal Smiley

Direct link to the thread for this list is: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308358
Report Spam   Logged
sukura636
newb

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 12:25:10 pm »

I like the list, its is very well thought out (especially whim of the gods, whichj is oh so clever), and means that my huge chaos army won't go to waste.  I'm not quite sure of the Sorceror's options, but that might be just me and my aversion to magic. Can I drop in my additions?

Maybe Chaos Chariots, using the Large Cavalry rule from the orcs list?
Any chance of a Daemon Prince?
Report Spam   Logged
Baragash
Ma

Mantic Points: +7/-0

Current Army: KoW Undead & Dwarves

Lord of the Pit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 01:22:25 pm »

There's no need for a Daemon Prince in this list as it should be in a Daemon list when someone does one Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: