Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 06:17:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Online games.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Online games.  (Read 217 times)
kairob
M

Mantic Points: +11/-0

Current Army: Undead (partially painted), humans (unpainted)

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2011, 12:11:55 am »

Has anyone seen the online games that happen over at the ogre stronghold?
If not -> http://www.ogrestronghold.com/forum/index.php?board=26.0

Anyway my point is that those games are very frustrating because you roll to hit + wound and then wait three days while the other guy rolls his armour save.

With Kings of war however you do your whole turn yourself. Which means that each person would only have to post seven times to go through a whole game! (6 turns plus deployment).

Secondly as individual models don't get removed you could make far more interesting representations of units than just boxes with lines through.

So, in this suggestions forum I would like to suggest that such a feature be introduced here.

I would gladly play the first game to get the ball rolling if it were introduced here. We could even have a tournament if the was enough interest.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 02:23:11 am »

They're using MS paint for this?

Oh, man. One little web app would cut down on a crazy amount of tedium.

If we do go down this route, making a VASSAL module would be the way to go.

As for making a digital version of KoW... it's entirely within my capabilities, but a game like dwarf king's hold would be a hell of a lot easier to pull off (and, more importantly, maintain).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:31:30 am by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
Bert
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 08:37:10 am »

"Your ideas interest me and I would like to subscribe to your magazine."

This seems like an excellent idea. I can see why you're saying to go for DKH, but would it not also be possible with KoW or- dare I sai it?- Warpath?

I can imagine that they smaller and freer the movement the more difficult it would be to create the game. However if you built from one to the next, it would be a pretty great way for distant people with few available players to get a better taste of the game.

In addition to that it might draw other people who are into postal games into mantic because of what Kairob said about it being a proper turn by turn mechanic.
Report Spam   Logged
kairob
M

Mantic Points: +11/-0

Current Army: Undead (partially painted), humans (unpainted)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 05:43:55 pm »

They're using MS paint for this?

Oh, man. One little web app would cut down on a crazy amount of tedium.

If we do go down this route, making a VASSAL module would be the way to go.

As for making a digital version of KoW... it's entirely within my capabilities, but a game like dwarf king's hold would be a hell of a lot easier to pull off (and, more importantly, maintain).

If you made something like that would you still be able to play online though? Also, if you did that it would be brilliant! (but no pressure) Would people want to play it though? (Well, I would, but you know, other more normal people.)
Report Spam   Logged

mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 09:49:23 pm »

I'd be interested and I know others who would be too.
Report Spam   Logged
asgard-studio
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Undead

Official Mantic Pathfinder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 11:32:51 am »

Been screaming out for a KoW Vassal mode for ages now!!
Report Spam   Logged
Bert
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 11:51:01 am »

Personally I think play by e-mail would be superb, better than any other options.
I really do get frustrated when online versions of games must all be played at once, as that isn't how I game at home, and it means I need to sit down and wait for the other person, not knowing how long I'll have to wait.

Mantic games are superbly suited to play by e-mail, a type of game which I've been desperately looking for for a while (as the current ones out there just don't interest me, OR no one I know plays them).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: