Mantic Fanatics
April 20, 2024, 09:22:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hello

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 310 times)
JP1138
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 09:13:03 pm »

I've hosted the basic mp3 over at http://crystalgamesstore.wordpress.com/podcasts/mantic-moments as a test. I would say it needs some more production value which I am more than happy to provide (intro music, effects, background atmosphere etc).

If you can provide me with the basic mp3 files, this one-time filmmaker could edit the next episode into one with a bit more Umph! as well as host on my site. Best of all worlds I think as it would really help promote my new Mantic game store as well.

Totally up to you guys naturally. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers
JP
Report Spam   Logged
Andy_B
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 09:22:18 pm »

I still can't access it either from the link in Berts post or from your Crystal Games site.

I keep getting the 404 of doom!

Is anyone else getting the same issue?

Andy...
Report Spam   Logged
JP1138
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 09:27:36 pm »

I don't know why because I'm listening to it right now. Weird. Give me a moment to check it out.

EDIT - NOPE, now my links don't work either.

I'm not sure what to suggest now. Sorry.

JP
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:33:30 pm by JP1138 » Report Spam   Logged
Bert
M

Mantic Points: +10/-0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 09:39:11 pm »

Hey guys.
I haven't checked the rest of this post yet, but I temporarily took down the show as I accidentally linked you to an unfinished version of the podcast. Unfortunately it took 40+mins for the link to re-assert itself. Much longer than I had expected.

It should be hunkydorey now.

EDIT:
Ok I've read your posts guys and I think that my previous ansewr should tell you what you need to know.
I had taken it down for a short while, as I had to take it down before the new link could assert itself.

Now that that's sorted:
JP1138 this is the edited version you have now. There is some cheesy intro music, along with some other little bits.
I did have issues with some sound at certain points in the podcast, but this was due to microphones just not being as good as we need them to be.
Have a listen to the whole show and let me know what you think of the production values.
Unfortunately I've been a bit rushed as of late, and the podcast isn't my best work because of that. However I do actually work as a video editor for my day job.
I have tended to do more visual stuff in the past, and oddly this is only the second time where I've had three separate mics used all at once, even though I do multiple sound layers all the time for effects, atmos and music reasons.
I thought that an atmos track for the podcast would be weird though. Can you let me know what you mean by adding one?
I would assume that it is because there are points where there is clearly background 'fuzz' heard during the show. I used a noise removal program to make things as clear as possible, but unfortunately (as said before) some of the mics just didn't cut it this time around.

It's frustrating as it seems to have only been such a big problem during the interview pieces with John.

Lastly JP (gosh this should all really be in PM at this point), I will talk to Max about hosting on your site. It would clearly promote your store, and it would save us hassle, but I'll talk to him as we have a lot to discuss in that area.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:56:38 pm by Bert » Report Spam   Logged
JP1138
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 09:43:34 pm »

Grrr... why I outta... to the moon Alice... LOL
Report Spam   Logged
Andy_B
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 09:46:27 pm »

ITS ALIVE!!! ITS ALIVE!!

Thanks Bert.  I'm just downloading it now.  Guess it's just my impatiance of wanting more Mantic Moments before its ready to go.

Take that as a complement  Grin

Andy...
Report Spam   Logged
JP1138
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 09:53:19 pm »

Damn you Andy_B you stole my "ITS ALIVE" joke.

But,... its working guys.

I've hosted it on my site, but if you can send mean mp3 I can add a few extras to it (like the 20th century fox fanfare etc). Very happy to add it to my upcoming podcasts on my site:

Mantic Moments - That's YOU!!
Animal Magic - all about Cyporieans Brushfire
JP's Jibber-Jabber - all my gunk

Cheers
JP
Report Spam   Logged
Bert
M

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 09:58:10 pm »

Jeasus! Didn't expect replies so soon!

Really complimented guys, thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 10:11:10 pm »

Also be warned there is some occasional swearing in this episode. If you're not a fan let us know and we'll bleep it out in the future.

Well, from my time knowing John, Max, and Bert from the various forums, it's not too difficult a guess on who's doing the swearing. My surprise is that it's only occasional.

Shame on you Max. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Bert
M

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 03:44:04 pm »

For those of you who don't go on warseer, we have now put our first episode up on the ManticMoments youtube channel.

The second one will follow, but there is feedback to deal with first.

Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 03:57:59 pm »

"Embedding disabled by request".

Really like the images used, works well. Especially like the approach of showing sprues of the models while talking about them. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 04:02:00 pm by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 04:03:27 pm »

Well, from my time knowing John, Max, and Bert from the various forums, it's not too difficult a guess on who's doing the swearing. My surprise is that it's only occasional.

Shame on you Max. Wink

I don't think it was Max who editted most of it out...   Tongue.

And it certainly wasn't me.
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
Bert
M

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 06:06:20 pm »

That's odd. I only wanted to post the link, so you could follow it. I didn't want to embed it. In fact, I don't want to enable embedding because I want to be able to see how many views we are getting, and I don't know if embedding affects that.
Maybe a bit greedy, but whatever.
I want to know where things stand.

Gaarew, yeah. I may have edited out some swearing  Embarrassed
However any time swearing was taking out was because of other things like sound issues, or that bit where we had to stop the podcast and re-iterate a few things because skype was messing up.

Either that or I'm a podcast Despot.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: