Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 02:14:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Fresh Meat for the Grinder!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fresh Meat for the Grinder!  (Read 211 times)
Andy_B
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2011, 01:27:15 pm »

Hello all,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself.  I live in Jarrow which to those who dont know is a small town in North East England.

I got back into the wargame hobby a couple of years ago after playing a little when I was younger (I'm now 35) and started really because I loved painting the minis.  I have less time to play and find the likes of WFB and W40K rulesets a real big hurdle as I just dont have the time to dedicate to reading pages and pages of rules and then trying to remember them when I play quite infrequently so I've mainly been playing Malifaux for the last 12 months.

I've followed Mantic over the last 12 months and my 2 boys (9 year old twins) have an Undead and Elf army which we've played KOW.  I find the simple ruleset easy to learn, easy to teach my boys and quick to reference if I havent played in a while.

My love is definitely Sci-Fi so I've been watching Warpath with high hopes and after playing my first game yesterday I love it.

I'll be attending the Warpath Launch day in November so thought I'd say hi here and join the community.

Andy.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JP1138
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:26:48 pm »

Hi Andy

Welcome to the madhouse. I'll be at the launch day too, so hope to see you and say hi. I'm really looking forward to Warpath as I have never gotten into 40K (despite selling the game as a GW manager for ten years). The streamlined nature of the rules with focus on playing the opponent not the rules is a major draw for me. Plus I really love the models.

I currently collect/paint and game with Elves, Undead (my favourite), Dwarfs and Orcs (second favourite).

All the best
JP
Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 02:27:58 pm »

Hi Andy - good to have you join us for the ride.

My girls show a passing interest in the hobby... I really must try harder!

Start up a thread to show us your painting skills Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 02:38:56 pm »

Excellent!  Glad to have you aboard.  My best friend has often said that he's not raising a son, he's raising a wargaming opponent, so it sounds like you're on a similar track.  Smiley

We're glad you found us over here.
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
Andy_B
newb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 02:56:16 pm »

Thanks for the warm welcome!

@ JP - I'll keep an eye out for you at the Launch Day.  I'm travelling down alone (atm) so it'll be good to meet some folks.  I've picked up a ticket for the Golem painting session too as if I'm travelling all that way I might as well try everything.  The 6 hour round trip should be fun  Shocked

@ mattjgilbert - So far my painting has mainly been limited to some GW and Wyrd Miniatures stuff but I'll happily post some pictures when I get home from work tonight.

@Llew - much to my wifes dismay my boys seem really interested in the hobby! It means I get to buy more toys and legitimatly have 3 armies on the go at any one time without too much of an inquisition!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 04:51:18 pm »

Welcome to the group!

For those of us unable to attend, be sure to let us know of your experiences and thoughts from the Open House.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Andy_B
newb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 10:47:01 pm »

Thanks again.

It will be my first visit to Mantic Towers so looking forward to it and should hopefully have some pics to post here on my return.

Andy...
Report Spam   Logged
lord marcus
Ma

Mantic Points: +77/-0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 11:10:59 pm »

Good to have you aboard sir. I hope you have fun and meet Ronnie. He's a great opponent.
Report Spam   Logged

GAH! Tiny avatar of doooooooooooooom!
Creater of the mantic fanatics social group
asgard-studio
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Undead

Official Mantic Pathfinder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 03:01:48 pm »

Hey Andy!! Welcome to the fanatics!! Look out for me at the Launch Party, I'll be somewhere running demos!! And my twins will be gawping at loads of stuff too, I'm sure!! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Andy_B
newb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 04:43:57 pm »

@asgard-studio Thanks - I'll definitely want to see and play a demo with your minis after seeing them on the Mantic Blog.

I'm also bringing along one of my sons (1 half of my twins) so I'll see you then.

Andy...
Report Spam   Logged
asgard-studio
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Undead

Official Mantic Pathfinder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 06:30:19 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Awesome stuff!! How old are your twins? Mine are 14! We went to the Open Day and they peppered Ronnie and Alessio with questions!! What armies have you guys got?? We got Undead (mine!) Elves (alfie's) and Orcs (Jardel's)- I still not beaten Jardel's Orcs yet- although I have finally managed a draw!!
Report Spam   Logged
Andy_B
newb

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 09:38:10 pm »

Mine are a little younger at 9 (well will be a few days after the Warpath Launch Day).

Sam (the little guy coming with me) has Undead, Adam has Elves and I did have Dwarfs although I sold them recently and have been eying up a new army (possibly Orcs) which I may start on after some purchases at the launch day.

Sam is fanatical about his minitures already and picks up the game so quickly which really puts me to shame.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: