Mantic Fanatics
March 29, 2024, 06:02:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mantic Pathfinders

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Mantic Pathfinders  (Read 1749 times)
Andy_B
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 01:44:12 pm »

Saw your models on the blog and looking forward to seeing them at the Open Day.  Grin

I'm assuming that the Pathfinder programme is a relatively new thing?

It would be great to see more info from Mantic on this as there are no local stockists and no (that I know of) local clubs playing Mantic games in my region.

I would certainly like to get involved somehow if even only to make sure there are a few more opponents to play against.  Sick of getting beaten by my 8 year old son who has a keen knack of reading rules once and then remembering everything!
Report Spam   Logged
asgard-studio
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Undead

Official Mantic Pathfinder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 03:33:36 pm »

Yeah it is relatively new (as in still not sure how it all works).

Whereabouts do you live, Andy, and are you mobile, cos you're always welcome to come and have a game on our table here? Got a choice of three opponents, myself (undead) and my twins (elves and orcs). Drop us a message and let me know!

Failing that, see you at the Launch Party!!
Report Spam   Logged
Andy_B
newb

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 05:05:29 pm »

I'm based in the North East but work in Manchester and also often visit family near Peterborogh some weekends so I deffinitely get about!

I am lucky enough to get a car with my job so fuel costs arn't a problem and would definitly be willing to travel for games.

I'll catch up with you at the launch party.

Andy...
Report Spam   Logged
mattl
M

Mantic Points: +8/-1

Mantic Pathfinder (New England)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 05:54:36 pm »

Good to know when I come back to the UK to visit family/friends, I'll be able to get plenty of games in Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
asgard-studio
M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 06:22:09 pm »

Definitely sounds like a plan, guys!! Check me out on Facebook (Pete McF) for a visual representation of what I look like modelling the Warpath T Shirt!!
Report Spam   Logged
Andy_B
newb

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 08:24:58 pm »

Thought that this might be the best place to post it but I just wanted to say what a fantastic job the Pathfinders did at yesterday's  Launch Party.

Pete McF (didn't realise it was you until later!) did an awesome job of demoing for my son and I and seeing gaarew's blue Mauraders in the flesh they looked amazing and the photos here just don't do them justice.

Everyone was really friendly and helpful and I hope Mantic appreciate the job your doing for them.

Well done guys!

Andy...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:28:02 pm by Andy_B » Report Spam   Logged
asgard-studio
M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 01:39:10 pm »

Ah!!! That was you guys!!!! Glad he really enjoyed it!! And great to meet you both!! DId you grab any boxes/models??
Report Spam   Logged
Andy_B
newb

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 01:54:10 pm »

We did,

We picked up 2 of the Fate of the Forge Star box sets, the 2 Hero models, an extra 20 Marauders, a couple of extra Raptors and the resin destryed Jotunn model.

We both had a great day so thanks again.

Andy...
Report Spam   Logged
loki73
newb

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 09:41:34 pm »

I'd like to do this here in AZ. What can I do?
Report Spam   Logged
Nathaniel
M

Mantic Points: +7/-0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 10:59:07 pm »

It's still in the works for outside of the UK.

I emailed Mantic at info@manticgames.com and asked to be put on the list for those to be contacted once they figure out their outside of the UK approach for this program.

Until then, I'm going to build two 500 point armies for each game for half hour demo games.  Though Warpath will wait until the Corporation miniatures come out.

I figure the easiest thing to do is to start building and painting my demo forces up to 500 points and get started introducing people to the games and then once I can get some support from Mantic through a volunteer program, I'll get involved with that.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:07:39 pm by Nathaniel » Report Spam   Logged

Write some fiction about your army.
Warpath: http://manticfanatics.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,506.msg4183
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 12:44:37 am »

For demo purposes, it might be a better idea to have a fully painted Mhorgoth Rising box set, seeing as that is easily bought by new players.  Just saying    Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
Nathaniel
M

Mantic Points: +7/-0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 03:49:23 am »

Definitely a good idea to use the starters.

That said, I don't really want Forgefathers or Dwarves so I'm not really interested in making a purchase of them just to volunteer.  If Mantic decides that means I can't be part of the program, then I won't.

I suspect they'll be more like Privateer and let the "starters" be from any faction rather than just their two player starter.  But if not, then that's fine.  I'll still try to find opponents and spread the game around, I just won't do it in the capacity of part of a volunteer promotional team.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:02:27 am by Nathaniel » Report Spam   Logged

Write some fiction about your army.
Warpath: http://manticfanatics.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,506.msg4183
Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 04:15:38 am »

I like the minis enough to buy them, even if I ever did get a set for free.  (In fact, my policy is pretty much if I get something free, I have to buy another one.)  I keep hoping for some word on the U.S. Pathfinders just because, if I have an actual project to work towards, I can carve out time to prepare for it.  But right now, if it's a case of promoting on my own, my wife would rather have me working on her business.  And, since a lot of our money is tied up in that, I can't really argue with her. Wink

But I hope to hear more on the Pathfinders.  I'd love an excuse to go play more and evangelize.
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 05:19:16 am »

Mantic first put the word out for Pathfinders back in August. The only official word I've had back regarding the program in North America was an email back at the start of September, advising Mantic would be in contact with those on the list once the details were worked out.

Still waiting.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Tellos
newb

Mantic Points: +5/-0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 07:15:56 am »

Mantic first put the word out for Pathfinders back in August. The only official word I've had back regarding the program in North America was an email back at the start of September, advising Mantic would be in contact with those on the list once the details were worked out.

Still waiting.  Wink

Same here in the Netherlands. My more or less local shop had contact with mantic of them running
the dutch department for them, so i'm waiting who's faster now.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: