Mantic Fanatics
April 19, 2024, 04:37:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ral Partha and a Quick Paint

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ral Partha and a Quick Paint  (Read 231 times)
Gerry Lee
M

Mantic Points: +77/-0

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2011, 02:53:03 pm »

Hi everyone!
Tonight I painted some Ral Partha Knights of St. John. I want to use them as allies of my elves, but the scale is all wrong. But, I saw a size comparison of the Conquest plastic Normans I was going to buy compared to a GW Bretonnian, and the size is all wrong there too, so I figured, why not use the Rals? My local store owner has piles of Ral historicals he sells me at a nice price so... I don't know. Your thoughts on scale?

Here is my quick paint of a Mouse Lancer. It looks a little better than this pic when on the table in normal light...and far away, ha ha:) But! Don't let my paint job fool you, this is a high quality kit! It's multi-part white metal, posable, has 3 heads to choose from, and requires only a little drilling to insert the tail base. I'm really excited about Brushfire, I had to stay up to paint this even though the box just came today:)

If you never have, you should drop by the On the Lamb site, and see the gallery. Both Cyporiean and Gaarew have painted models in there! http://on-the-lamb.com/

You know, I was suggesting to Lord Marcus we make cut out units and quick start rule sheets for KoW and thought it was kind of original, ha ha, On the Lamb had already been recommending cut outs to try their combat system free with their own quick start free download rules for awhile now. On the Lamb is a class act, you should see the rule books, I got two today and they are every bit as nice as a professional novel, are beautifully illustrated and have tons of background info. I wouldn't mind paying Mantic $25 for a soft cover of this depth and quality for KoW!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Cyporiean
Ma

Mantic Points: +87/-0

Current Army: Evil

If you can read this, you should buy Brushfire!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 03:35:20 pm »

Looking good Gerry. Glad your enjoying everything Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

-Emily Fontana
On The Lamb Games
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: