Mantic Fanatics
April 19, 2024, 09:24:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Men in transition

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Men in transition  (Read 372 times)
lord marcus
Ma

Mantic Points: +77/-0

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:58:19 pm »

Hey all.

With the new kingdoms of men list out now, I have planned two armies. one of which is permanent allies with my undead and thus i am treating them as part of that army.

The other is my reason for posting this topic.

I have a sizable collection of bretonnian's (all editions) and I'm going to be making them the nucleus of this second army, in effect switching my Bretonnian army into a kingdoms of men army. However there is a conflict.

I want the army to look somewhat organized, and most of my knights are enveloped in a melange of colors and heraldric sigils. This obviously looks like a mish mash, and not "organized" like I want. However, I don't really want to repaint everything.

How do you think I could make them look like the army of a coherent city state without repainting everything?

Any help is appreciated,

LM
Report Spam   Logged

GAH! Tiny avatar of doooooooooooooom!
Creater of the mantic fanatics social group

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:04:16 pm »

Split what you have into similar colour schemes, then work out how many models you need to add to each pile to make full units.

Or

Choose a few models with one predominant colour, and group them together, although there may be some models with a variety of colours in the unit.

So, say, all your Knights that are mostly red (for sake of example), although some may have blue, or green, or yellow too.  Giving the overall apperance of a 'red' unit.  Then do the same for the blues etc.
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
RBREE
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 08:18:32 pm »

What Garrew say make the most sense... and if you wanted to add another level to that you could pu a unifiying guidon or pennat banner on each lance of unit of  Knights.  For instance the mostly red regiment would have a read and whit pennant on ach lance with unit sigil.  Lets call then the lion Hearts so you would have ared and whit stiped pennant with a lions head on it...
Report Spam   Logged
Estarriol
Ma

Mantic Points: +1/-1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:08:19 pm »

what I'm going to do is this - my one unit of knights all painted in individual livery is going to be broken up, and they'll all become heroes. My knight units are going to be templars so I've an excuse to paint them all in the same colours.

This provides the theme for my army in that each Knight will lead his own feudal contingent into battle, thus the army itself will be an amalgam of many little armies.

To keep the army looking unified, I shall give all the commoners a common uniform, but all shields, pennants, standards etc. will be of their liege lords.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: