Mantic Fanatics
March 19, 2024, 12:29:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Starting an army ahead of the rules?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting an army ahead of the rules?  (Read 521 times)
demyse
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:26:12 am »

We already have a rough idea of the armies that are going to be for warpath, but is anyone making a start for any that arent forgefathers or marauders? Im sure some people might be looking at standard sci fi troopers to get a head start for the corporation, but any others? only reason im asking is I am starting to glue my mantic ghouls and zombies onto round bases in preparation for when the plague hit.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wolfcraze
newb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 09:34:31 pm »

I'm starting on Corporation.  Just wish they had army lists out.  Right now Planning on using Pig-iron for the troops and not sure on vehicles.

Basic idea is they are ranged centric.  Been thinking on other things, but have a base idea down.  Look forward to Zz'or and Plague.
Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 10:20:16 pm »

Pretty sure that you won't go far wrong with mantic zombies for the Plague.

In fact, it would not surprise me in the slightest to see mantic re-release their zombies with round bases and sell them as the core troops for the plague, alongside a few other more sci-fi themed new units (zombie cyborgs etc.) when it comes to releasing that army.

Zombies are their single best-selling plastic kit, makes sense to capitalize on that by selling them as a sci-fi option, plus there's probably a lot of people who would like round bases for their zombies anyway, for use in the various zombie games out there.. I think that's one of the main reason they sell so well, all those indie games involving zombies that generally require "4-5 humans" and "effing gigantic pile of zombies" to play.

Also, if you can get hold of some of the Rackham ONI for AT-43, they are basically exactly the same concept as the plague... experiments in cyber-zombies by a ruthless profit-driven corporation. They're not the easiest of models to get hold of though, Rackham released them only a couple of months before going bankrupt.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:26:04 pm by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 11:47:14 pm »

I'm waiting to see the Mantic models first.

I don't currently own much in the way of scifi mini's, so I'd be starting from scratch with whichever army(s) I eventually decide to collect.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
asgard-studio
M

Current Army: Undead

Official Mantic Pathfinder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 06:06:00 pm »

Must admit, I'm going to wait until the Rebs models are released for the main body of my army- until then I'll probably field a GW/Mantic Marauder army, then when the Rebs are out, dump the 40k Orks and attach the Mantic Marauders to the Rebs Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: