Mantic Fanatics
March 29, 2024, 10:52:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Warpath Weekend - A Review

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warpath Weekend - A Review  (Read 1173 times)
Gerry Lee
M

Mantic Points: +77/-0

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:22:53 pm »

You know what I loved best about your article JP? The big picture. The other thing I loved about your article was the way you restored my passion for Warpath.

The big picture: Please post your full article here JP! The more places it goes up the better! I'm not saying this just to promote Mantic, let me explain.

Mantic uses the internet extensively to get the word out about their products. A HUGE part of this includes message boards. Message boards use a topical subject format. Which makes you generally talk about a specific subject.

Your article 'zooms' us out again so we can see the good points of the product as well as the thankfully lean rough patches. So we don't just focus on the most controversial specific details of the project, but see it in it's entirety.

Your article was very refreshing!

Passion for Warpath: People, especially a lot of wargaming message board posters, seem to forget that the attitude we look at something with affects how we percieve it. Your wife might not be Miss America, but she's the most beautiful woman in the world for example. Sea food might be a major part of human cuisine, but it's just Cthulhu's naughty bits, for example.

It's just not profitable or advantageous to start out every encounter with a new thing with a chip on your shoulder. It doesn't make you 'wiser' if you can pick apart everything you see with razor witted criticism.

Giving things a chance means there's hope. Loving a thing means forgiving it's failings. Dare to be a little happy my friends!

Now, about paint jobs and Mantic, this criticism is becoming a sore point for me, but you didn't set me off. People who just write 'Kill the painter!' anger me greatly. But you provided some very important information to me and illustrated your point, a wholly different experience. You mentioned you thought the paint job were hiding the details. I had not considered this, being glutted with 'I hate the color' cries from other message boards. When you showed the painted Hailstorm, your point became very well taken. You can see the blue armor plating and everything is an almost featureless black.

-That- is how to critique something. That helps people improve!

I wish I could say more but my little mind takes time to digest things. But very good job JP!

All the best,
Gerry

P.S. OHGAWD I MUST HAVE RAPTORS!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: