Mantic Fanatics
April 16, 2024, 03:02:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Brushfire for KoW?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brushfire for KoW?  (Read 134 times)
Gerry Lee
M

Mantic Points: +77/-0

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2011, 11:29:45 pm »

You know, ever since I've been a part of the Mantic fandom, Cyporien has been there faithfully supporting them. She doesn't talk much about 'Brushfire', always tastefully and appropriately when she does. I kind of associate Brushfire with Mantic in my mind now:)

Anyways, I was wondering about using Brushfire minis for KoW. I don't know if they are 28mm or if that even matters since we aren't talking humans, and I know the bases are different.

But, I love Samurai stuff, and the Ribenguo stuff looks Great! So either as KoW 'Human' proxie models, or, (fingers crossed) an official Mantic/Brushfire joint supplemental army list for the On The Lamb armies...?

I bet this has come up before, but I have missed the thread somehow...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:41:41 pm »

I have some Brushfire mini's, and I'm a fan. (Berserker Hamsters for the win).  Cheesy

However the minis are on the larger side of 28mm, and because they are made of metal, would be quite expensive to make a Mantic sized army out of.

Some smaller allied units might be interesting though. I haven't seen any fan made lists for them in KoW yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Cyporiean
Ma

Mantic Points: +87/-0

Current Army: Evil

If you can read this, you should buy Brushfire!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:58:11 pm »

I'm happy to support any idea that sells more of my miniatures Wink

I imagine when Mantic release a Beastmen army Brushfire will be suitable for that sort of thing, and unlike another company's games, I'd be happy to use our resources to help Mantic 'Fill In Gaps'.

I know one thing Ronnie was discussing for the Human army was almost exactly the same as what we had planned for an addition to Mare-Civitas..
Report Spam   Logged

-Emily Fontana
On The Lamb Games
Cyporiean
Ma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 01:50:48 pm »

BTW, here is some scale pics:

Report Spam   Logged

-Emily Fontana
On The Lamb Games
Gerry Lee
M

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 02:17:24 pm »

Thank you very much Cyporien and Darsc Zacal!

I have been reading the 2 page free starter download rules for your game, and it looks very well designed. Though, I realize the full rules are a bit more developed(I peeked at the Ribenguo Shogunate tactics page and saw a bunch of interesting looking rules!)

Definitely I am going to get the book and the Ribenguo Shogunate starter first, but I need another nation so I can start doing small demos. Which faction do you think would be best as a foe and to show off the game besides the Shogunate ? The starters are pretty nearly balanced in terms of resource points yes?

Sent an email to Glen Fong at The Armchair Adventurer about carrying On the Lamb games and minis, but he will probably wait to reply to me until I come to the store.

Was looking on the internet for nice 25-28mm feudal Japanese terrain, I saw some very nice buildings by http://www.johnjenkinsdesigns.com/28JAP.htm. Does anyone know any other manufacturers?

Hope the weekend treats you all well, and that you get some great gaming in!
Gerry

Report Spam   Logged
Cyporiean
Ma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 02:36:26 pm »

We use Ribenguo, Aquitar, and Mare-Civitas (Rotating) when we do convention demos. While all of the starters are intended to be balanced to one another, Vandalands(Lack of Range, works better when you use their army rule and take three starter sets against one...), Axony(Where did that cat come from?!), and Zabar(This army costs How Much?!) can have some issues that might scare off new players.

I love John Jenkin's stuff, and plan to get some of it at some point. At the moment I'm using Armor Cast and home made stuff on our Ribenguo themed demo table.
Report Spam   Logged

-Emily Fontana
On The Lamb Games
Gerry Lee
M

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 04:25:39 pm »

Hi Cyporien,
Sounds great! I'll be picking up those three sets and one or two of the rule books for starters, sometime in the next two weeks. Thank you for your help!

Gerry
Report Spam   Logged
Cyporiean
Ma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 04:31:37 pm »

Great, let me know if you have any more questions. We're always happy to help Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

-Emily Fontana
On The Lamb Games
lord marcus
Ma

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 06:25:07 pm »

Thank you very much Cyporien and Darsc Zacal!

I have been reading the 2 page free starter download rules for your game, and it looks very well designed. Though, I realize the full rules are a bit more developed(I peeked at the Ribenguo Shogunate tactics page and saw a bunch of interesting looking rules!)

Definitely I am going to get the book and the Ribenguo Shogunate starter first, but I need another nation so I can start doing small demos. Which faction do you think would be best as a foe and to show off the game besides the Shogunate ? The starters are pretty nearly balanced in terms of resource points yes?

Sent an email to Glen Fong at The Armchair Adventurer about carrying On the Lamb games and minis, but he will probably wait to reply to me until I come to the store.

Was looking on the internet for nice 25-28mm feudal Japanese terrain, I saw some very nice buildings by http://www.johnjenkinsdesigns.com/28JAP.htm. Does anyone know any other manufacturers?

Hope the weekend treats you all well, and that you get some great gaming in!
Gerry

Let me just say as an owner of the ribuengo shogunate warband it is an excellent set.
Report Spam   Logged

GAH! Tiny avatar of doooooooooooooom!
Creater of the mantic fanatics social group
Gerry Lee
M

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 10:42:38 am »

Hey... Brushfire for WARPATH?

When the rebels come out I bet they will fly around making lots of friends like Ewoks and stuff... If you all make rules for archaic weapons and armor and point values, we can use our warbands as native resistance fighters! We won't even really have to rebase them, right?
Report Spam   Logged
Cyporiean
Ma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 05:13:39 pm »

Brushfire 55M - In the happy brightness of the year 55 Million there isn’t much conflict as The Imperium of Mouse spreads out across the universe to discover Roving hordes of Badjas, The ancient, dying Kitsune civilization, and things that are robots but also undead...or something.
Report Spam   Logged

-Emily Fontana
On The Lamb Games
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: