Mantic Fanatics
March 29, 2024, 07:49:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

So what have you ordered?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: So what have you ordered?  (Read 748 times)
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 07:56:50 pm »

Llew I think you have a good point. Sci-fi is cool but fantasy themes are what got me into wargaming and  has alwasy kept me going. Still I will invest in at least one warpath army (looking at you forge fathers) while I could see just about every KoW army making it into my collection at some point.
Same here. Fantasy was my starting point and has more appeal to me than sc-fi. FF for me too though eventually Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
strewart
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 02:58:05 am »

I agree this is very interesting that a lot of us seem to be mostly fantasy players/collectors and have a bit less interest in Warpath than KoW. Shows that Mantic definitely needs to keep KoW releases up on the side. I wonder if that means there will be a bunch of new regulars/fanatics who are sci-fi only? And would we have to mingle with them?? Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 03:35:24 am »

Maybe... But we'd know who the true Mantic Fanatics are.  Wink

Actually seems a bit of a Mantic dryspell coming up for me. Twilight Kin are next, which because of their hybrid nature and being based on a current race, don't hold much interest for me. After that rumours are we'll be seeing the Warpath Human faction in the early part of next year. Soo it looks like goblins in the spring of next year before I can get super excited about KoW again.

Of course Mantic can always sneak some ultrasecret units and character releases in there before that. I'm hoping we'll see at least an Ogre sprue sometime soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
lord marcus
Ma

Mantic Points: +77/-0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 04:27:07 am »

I'm in the boat next door to most of you. I don't have enough cash, but I am also in the middle ground. I like both sci fi and fantasy although i am more in favor of fantasy i still enjoy a good shoot em zap em game. Either way i'll be buying the starter set. Its good to be a mantic fanatic, and one of the founding group at that (well, i created the group, but without everyone nothing would have come of it.)
Report Spam   Logged

GAH! Tiny avatar of doooooooooooooom!
Creater of the mantic fanatics social group
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:16:16 am »

Its good to be a mantic fanatic, and one of the founding group at that (well, i created the group, but without everyone nothing would have come of it.)

What does this have to do with making a pre-order?  Are you really so insecure about the size of your penis that you have to constantly bring it up?  Most people just add a W/D/L record to their signature...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:31:21 am by gaarew » Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 11:37:01 am »

I have pre-ordered gaarew's penis.

It won't be ready for delivery until his wife finds the receipt for his next purchase.
Report Spam   Logged
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 11:40:37 am »

You'll wait a long time.  I'm not married...  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
strewart
M

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 01:59:42 pm »

It won't be ready for delivery until his wife finds the receipt for his next purchase.

You want to be careful growing that army...
Report Spam   Logged
Baragash
Ma

Mantic Points: +7/-0

Current Army: KoW Undead & Dwarves

Lord of the Pit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 02:52:07 pm »

I hope this doesn't expand in to the "show yourself" topic.........  Undecided Wink
Report Spam   Logged

lord marcus
Ma

Mantic Points: +77/-0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 04:25:31 pm »

indeed.
Report Spam   Logged

GAH! Tiny avatar of doooooooooooooom!
Creater of the mantic fanatics social group
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 06:24:55 pm »

I hope this doesn't expand in to the "show yourself" topic.........  Undecided Wink

I thought that topic was supposed to be for pictures of members?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
asgard-studio
M

Current Army: Undead

Official Mantic Pathfinder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 02:10:10 pm »

I'm going to be dull and boring and bring this back to topic:- (no wait guys, put the stones down!)

Clearly, the need for a sci fi game I think comes from the market research evidence that youngsters prefer the idea of guns and big explosions and alien battles etc. ie what they can get from 40k which, whether we like it or not, is still arguably the most popular and successful tabletop wargame at the moment. The success of KoW models being used for WHB, and then with the KoW rules in their own right has shown Mantic that the same could potentially happen within the sci fi genre- hence Warpath.

That said, there will always be us die harrd grizzlies who prefer Fantasy genres, as that's what we grew up with, and started with (do take note most of us, with a few notable exceptions, are all of a similar 25+ age range) and will always prefer a large scale mass miniature strategic tablteop wargame.

That said- I will be getting my hands on some Marauder Orx in preparation for my Reb/Marauder army- but thanks to the tournament and my wife and daughter's various trips up to Glasgow to see gigs, added to the fact we JUST found an awesome tattoo studio in Shrewsbury, and both my wife and I have some serious inking that needs doing- it probably won't be until the new year before I can get any Warpath. Might spring for the £49.99 Warpath box later this year, though.

And what does it say about the whole **** thing, if we're discussing buying it from a company that makes miniatures  of stuff?  Wink  Tongue  Roll Eyes Grin
Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 02:59:44 pm »

I love the models we have seen so far. But 3 things are putting me off.

1. The rules - I think they are incomplete and need work before I'll play them
2. The variety of models. Not enough for me to start an army yet and with the rules unfinished, it's hard to know what I'd want in an army.
3. It's more stuff to add to my unpainted pile at a time when I'm actually trying to make some headway into it! I hate playing with unpainted models.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: