Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 09:54:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

So what have you ordered?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: So what have you ordered?  (Read 720 times)
kalarn
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:40 pm »

Pre-orders are up (for subscribers anyways) - so what have you guys ordered?

I've currently got a saved basket of all the £150 deals - will sleep off the cider before ordering!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 06:28:52 am »

Nothing yet. I have to think on it.

I'm not into the scifi genre of gaming, but I would like to add a small sampling of each of the Warpath minis to my collection. Not to play, but for painting and display. Although who knows, it would be nice to have a small playable force or two just in case.

I've mentioned this over at Warseer. I don't need the huge Warpath armydeals like I bought for KoW. I would like the starter set with signed rules, the two metal heroes, and of course the tshirt. Currently though, Mantic doesn't have such a combo available. I'd either have to buy a much larger and expensive model set, or spend more money to buy items I already have like the Mantic bag, the paint set, and the assembly set. All stuff I don't need more of.

3rd choice of course is not to buy anything right now, and wait and see what Mantic offers in the future.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:31:41 am by Darsc Zacal » Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 06:47:41 am »

Not to play, but for painting and display.

Huh  O rly?

Grin

Haven't ordered anything yet, I'm waiting to see what prices the 40kforoldmen guys can bust out.
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
Robert
Mant

Mantic Points: +16/-1

Current Army: Dwarfs, Elves, Undead, Naughty Dwarfs...

In The Navy...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 07:09:10 am »

Nothing.....and while £150 isn't a lot of money...I'm completely broke after my house moving this summer!

I'll be buying a copy of the game when it comes out, though.
Report Spam   Logged
strewart
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 07:37:38 am »

I'm very short on cash at the moment.
Despite defending the strategy, I am in the camp of not ordering until I have seen most of the contents at least.
I have loads and loads of models already, and so many projects that still need completing, plus so little room for more stuff.
(Very small concern) I have been recently disenchanted by the restic material.
In my experience, Mantic always beats their own initial deals a few weeks later with better stuff.

All those combine to me ordering nothing yet. I continue to be a big fan, I love the few models shown so far and I will admire them very much online, but I haven't decided whether I will buy or not. I would like a small sample of everything, a starter set so to speak, like Darsc. But even when that comes out (I have no doubt it will) I will have to think about whether I can justify the cost sadly. My gaming group only plays fantasy and probably won't start a new sci-fi game as well.

Despite all that logic, over the next few months who knows. Something may tempt me and push me to buy some. Additionally, I really hope that it is a great success, and it looks like it will be!
Report Spam   Logged
Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 10:25:35 am »

I'll have to wait and see more of the models too.

When we're talking about the heavy weapons teams, I absolutely love the minis, but I'm not sure I need 10 of each of them.  A couple sets is great but a pile of them isn't better.  Similarly, I really need to see the plastics.  Unless the (apparently) two basic models are very pose-able and customizable, it's going to be a downer for me.  I already got worn out by the Ironwatch sprues, and went to great lengths (for me) to build a custom unit, but I'm afraid there won't be raw parts to do that with.

Even spectacular minis could be a hard pill to swallow if there's not room to customize them.
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
Baragash
Ma

Mantic Points: +7/-0

Current Army: KoW Undead & Dwarves

Lord of the Pit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 10:50:37 am »

I do fancy painting some FFs, but I'm not buying into the game until I see if it's still a KoW/Skirmish/40k kludge, or a battle system in it's own right.
Report Spam   Logged

sasheep
M

Mantic Points: +5/-0

Current Army: Orcs and Dwarfs.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 02:07:55 pm »

Unfortunately nothing  Sad I'm a bit tight for cash atm and would rather get my KoW army up and running. If there had been a starter set for £49.99 I would think about getting it but £99 is just too much. Oh well, I will just have to wait for the actual release.
Report Spam   Logged

Wavering's for wide-eyed girls with ribbons in their hair and elves.
The Dwarf
newb

Mantic Points: +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 07:22:48 pm »

Hey guys... im in the same wagon as much here...

I dont liked warpath in the same way i like KoW, and my group will never drop 40k for WP (they dont even want to drop WHFB for KoW :/ ). Fantasy games have a need for big bunchs of miniatures, 40k no. With that, and my lack o money, i will wait until the "more humble deals". I think a Starter is on the way tough...
Report Spam   Logged

GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.

No sir, i will not quit 40k, GW had done some nasty things, but the game is still fun. Perhaps, i will quit GW, there is a lot of companies out ther
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 11:48:52 pm »

I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised so many of us are in the same boat.
Report Spam   Logged

Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 04:20:47 am »

I'm less surprised, only because more of us early-adopters that are Mantic fans likely have a predilection for fantasy games over sci-fi.    Warpath rules haven't completely won me over, although I think it's something worth showing off.  (It's not that I think it's bad, but I just don't think it's as strong as KoW.)  Even with that, the FF minis alone grabbed my attention and made me want some, and the background that has been discussed makes me interested in the game universe.

But even great sci-fi pulls me less than fantasy.

So, all-in-all, I'm not shocked by this.  In a year, it will likely be a different story.  At least, in the US, I'd expect us fantasy fans to be rapidly and soundly outnumbered by the sci-fi ones here.

I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised so many of us are in the same boat.

Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 05:23:35 am »

I've always thought that when Mantic eventually went SciFi, that would be the bigger selling line for them. That's just based on GW's experience.

I'm only glad there's a few of us older Fanatics around that are diehard Fantasy fans, to keep me company on those boards after Scifi takes over. Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 09:36:23 am »

I just took a look at the deals (back from holiday last night so catching up). Not enough variety in the models supplied and too many questions still on the rules for me to spend that much money at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
Hofferber
M

Mantic Points: +7/-0

Current Army: Dwarves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 11:57:24 am »

I like the deals that has been made Mantic for Warpath, but now it's not time for me to spend that money. If any of my teammates are also encouraged to play, Warpath will be my gift for Christmas. For now I prefer to continue with my army of dwarves and continue with my plans to make another army more for KoW.
Report Spam   Logged

sasheep
M

Mantic Points: +5/-0

Current Army: Orcs and Dwarfs.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 05:30:15 pm »

Llew I think you have a good point. Sci-fi is cool but fantasy themes are what got me into wargaming and  has alwasy kept me going. Still I will invest in at least one warpath army (looking at you forge fathers) while I could see just about every KoW army making it into my collection at some point.
Report Spam   Logged

Wavering's for wide-eyed girls with ribbons in their hair and elves.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: