Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 10:56:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

My first post, which is also posted on Warseer, please don't judge my laziness!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My first post, which is also posted on Warseer, please don't judge my laziness!  (Read 84 times)
Kingofthesquats
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2010, 04:24:12 pm »

I've ordered Mohrgoth's Revenge!

This is my first major deviation away from GW as although I have rulebooks for a few other gaming systems this will be the first time I've had more than a handful of another companies miniatures, in this case over 100! I have designs on building an undead army when I've finished painting my eldar and the genestealers from my space hulk and I just wanted to declare my defection to the non-GW sphere of gaming!

I intend to give the dwarfs from the set to my friend who is also a GW stalwart to try and encourage him to collect some KoW. I've given the rules a quick read and they look really 'pick-up-and-playable', a game in 2 hours sounds immense, the grandeur of fantasy combined with the time-restricted excitement of space hulk/blood bowl!

Does anyone have any tips regarding how to big up KoW to a potential convert?

PS mantics pricing is dream come true, TEN cavalry for £25, and available for less on other webstores, win!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 05:35:27 pm »

Welcome aboard.

And don't worry about being judged for being a lazy sod, every true Fanatic knows that Darsc sets the benchmark for minimal productivity...

Wink

You are off to a good start with the box, about 400 points a piece, I'd get them built up, get a few games under your belt, and maybe consider the War Council sets for both forces to add some real muscle into your army.

Good luck and see you around.
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
Getifa
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »

I've just ordered Mohrgoth's Revenge too. Very much looking forward to it getting here.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: