Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 01:24:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Twilight Kin Army List is out...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Kin Army List is out...  (Read 352 times)
Robert
Mant

Mantic Points: +16/-1

Current Army: Dwarfs, Elves, Undead, Naughty Dwarfs...

In The Navy...

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2011, 07:29:46 pm »

Check your inbox for the newsletter!

Loads of variation...looks good and there are some new special rules coming our way Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 09:33:46 pm »

Good stuff.  I'll get a more indepth look at it after work.

Until then...  Hey Squiggy, got a job for you   Tongue  j/k dude.  Unless you have nothing else to do on a Friday night.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 11:54:16 pm »

Good stuff.  I'll get a more indepth look at it after work.

Until then...  Hey Squiggy, got a job for you   Tongue  j/k dude.  Unless you have nothing else to do on a Friday night.   Grin

Not this Friday night, no!

Off to a house party tomorrow, hangover scheduled for the day after that so this evening sounded good to get it done. Smiley

The list is much bigger than anything else that came before, took about 2 hours to sort it out. From what I've seen, the list looks to be a more powerful version of the elves.

No more taking out bolt throwers with your cannons, the twilighties can have an assassin or 3 pop up on turn 1 and shuriken the crap out of them, then proceed to be very, very annoying for the rest of the game... or against orcs, they could pop up and kill all the flaggers hiding at the back right away.

If you want to win that tournament, definitely check them out. They look like elves + bunch of other stuff that looks really brutal on paper.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:01:36 am by scarletsquig » Report Spam   Logged
The Dwarf
newb

Mantic Points: +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 12:51:05 am »

Hey guys...

They look great, and made me really want to play KoW for real... i mean, not the list itself (i know someone who will like this guys, but not me) but for the sugestions on special rules...

One thing i really liked, and i hope will turn into a "regular thing" is the mount options on champions, generals and army standart bearers. Those Heroes are some of the units who most gain from mobility, and on this list they can have it...

Hidden will probably be nerfed soon, it is to strong right now (but only one unit have it, and it could not change the game alone, and pay for it).

Loved the new Nerve rules. They are the same thing but a lot more simple, just incredible...
Report Spam   Logged

GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.

No sir, i will not quit 40k, GW had done some nasty things, but the game is still fun. Perhaps, i will quit GW, there is a lot of companies out ther
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 06:50:55 am »

If you want to win that tournament, definitely check them out. They look like elves + bunch of other stuff that looks really brutal on paper.

Bear in mind, we will have the Goblin and Human lists also.

As well as, I hope, the fat lists for the Elves, Undead, Dwarfs, Abyssal Dwarfs and Orcs.

Whilst it looks pretty brutal at first glance, the same was said about the Abyssal Dwarfs, as their first list was a 'fat' list compared to the first three.
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
hellodarren1
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 10:46:50 am »

Can somebody please upload the rules pdf somewhere? Really want to take a look but wasn't signed up to the newsletter. I really don't understand why they don't just add it to their blog.
Report Spam   Logged
Nightsword
newb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 12:06:59 pm »

@hellodarren1

The link will be in next week's newsletter as well!
Report Spam   Logged
hellodarren1
newb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 04:12:39 pm »

So a potential customer can't even look at their rules without jumping through hoops. What a retarded way to run a business. They should just add it to the blog FFS!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Gerry Lee
M

Mantic Points: +77/-0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 04:46:06 pm »

Please HelloDarren1, it is frustrating to wait a week I know. All of us on the mailing list had to wait a week too, so I know how it feels. Mantic is only asking that you sign up for their free email list, and then they will get the free exclusive list out to you next mailing. It's to be sure that no one misses their chance that they are going to resend it next time. I think you won't be unhappy if you sign up, there's lots of interesting news in the email every week!
Report Spam   Logged
Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:48 pm »

The army list comes out early to newsletter subscribers.  (It's a perk for the people who have signed up.  They give Mantic access to them for marketing purposes, as well as a way to measure how knowledge of the game is spreading.)  If you don't want to sign up, that's fine and  you *will* get to see the army list when they release it on their website and it will be free and everything.

However, if you wanted to see it now, you needed to sign up on the mailing list.  And you've got a shot to see it next week if you sign up now, still well in advance of the general public.

Ask yourself how many other companies give you rulesets for free in advance of the actual release date.
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
The Dwarf
newb

Mantic Points: +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 10:59:33 pm »

Lol, ppl are really complaining about they giving FREE rules a week sooner for ppl who got a FREE sign-up for their newsletter?

The newsletter is free, nice to see and tottaly worth it...

I dont liked when Mantic give the warpath alpha rules in advance only for subscribers of BoW "undercover" (or something like that), fealt cheated, but in this case they are not asking for your money, jut for your interest, and i tottaly agree with that...
Report Spam   Logged

GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.

No sir, i will not quit 40k, GW had done some nasty things, but the game is still fun. Perhaps, i will quit GW, there is a lot of companies out ther
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: