Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 08:14:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

40k for Old Men (seriously, this is comedy gold)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 40k for Old Men (seriously, this is comedy gold)  (Read 851 times)
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2011, 10:15:23 pm »

So, swung by the Claymore games show in Edinburgh today, and bumped into a little stall by the name of 40kForOldMen (online store link) which, in a display of irony that really tickled me, sold nothing but Mantic product.

Sorry...

Nothing but Mantic product at ****ing insanely cheap prices!

Seriously.  I paid £10.88 for an Abyssal Dwarf Decimator Troop, rather than the £17.99 RRP.  That is seriously excellent value.

Now nobody has an excuse not to get a gaarew sized army on the go.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:22:39 pm by gaarew » Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kingfig
newb

Mantic Points: +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:04:54 pm »

OMG... I look so hot... even better than my owner...

Thanks Gaarew your flattery will get you all the way… well with me anyway… and yes we do hope are  prices reflect our love for all that is mantic…. A game you don’t need to pay “40K” to play Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 02:22:39 am »

So... You're telling me there's a place where teh hawt wimmenz are selling Mantic Minis at great prices? Shocked

I've had dreams of this.

When are you opening up your first Canadian location? Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:35:30 am »

Holy crap those are insane prices. I think I'll be spending some money here (I'll need lots of Goblins and at those prices, Abyssal Dwarfs are tempting too).
Report Spam   Logged
scarletsquig
Mantic

Mantic Points: +713/-0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 10:51:00 am »

Okay, that's pure win.  Grin

And the prices! .. the old Mhorgoth's set at £28.59.. nice! Seems to be 25%+ discount across the board.

I imagine they'll have to go up a little once the stock bought at the old prices is all gone, though... so definitely one to not wait around on.
Report Spam   Logged
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 12:30:32 pm »

I imagine they'll have to go up a little once the stock bought at the old prices is all gone, though... so definitely one to not wait around on.

Don't quote me on it, but from what I can gather from browsing their forum, they are making about 10p profit on every sale, so that they can keep the prices as low as possible. 

Postage isn't included, as it is by weight, but I'm lucky enough to live near by, so I can always pick up my order if I swing by for a game.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
Kingfig
newb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 11:14:10 pm »

It’s not as bad as 10p… but we will, if we see fit, go as low as that to be the most affordable!

We have one or two guiding policies when it comes to our shop:

1. Affordable… We must try to be the most affordable out there… try is the key word here. We will not waste your time or ours telling you if you find "X" lower we will beat it by a penny… if you like our price you will pay it!

2. Postage. You pay it all… there is no such thing as free postage and we don’t hide it in the price you pay and say your getting it free, nor do we set out to make money with high potage charges. Postage costs are calculated at checkout and charged when accepted, if we find you have payed to much we will will ether refund dif of give a credit note... this is at our discretion.

3. Postage on one item is always charged at “2nd class packet” and at its real weight plus a added 50g' for the weight of packaging. All items on our site have a "with others" postage price, this price is based on the general size and weight of the second item, and can be anything from 50p to £5.00 on top of the first price charged. The postage on every other item you order is charged at this second rate. If the final postage charge you paid means your order can be shipped by 1st class, then it will be shipped 1st class. Should the postage charge exceed the real postage cost by more than £2.00 we will refund the excess… if it’s under then we will retain the difference to balance our costs! 

4. Shipping packaging is not added directly to your order as such, as above we add 50g to the real weight and charge accordingly. If you have paid more we will post at first class, and as noted if you ever pay an excessive difference we will look to give you a refund. What’s left over we write off to packaging costs over the year. (Please note, we have gone to great lengths to work out a very balanced and fair system of charging, but to see how it works you are better off having a go at filling a basket and seeing what the end price would be… YOU SHOULD FIND ON ANY ONE ITEM, THAT BOTH THE PRICE OF AN ITEM AND ITS POSTAGE WILL STILL BE MORE AFFORDABLE THAN ANYONE CLAIMING TO GIVE YOU FREE POSTAGE!

Note. On larger orders over £46 we may mail with insurance and/or recorded, in most cases the cost of this is covered by the “second item” charging system, on the rear time this may not be we will pay the extra to do this.   

5. Product packaging… We, from time to time change the original products packaging. When we do so we list it in its description, for example we DO remove mantic posters and covers sheets to insure its weight remains low. WE may even transfer some products normally supplied in cardboard boxes to mantic plastic cases… but rest assured you will get the models you ordered, packed in a plastic Mantic case with all your bases, foam (sometimes better than the original foam, if you get one of these buy a lottery ticket!) and Mantic Points intact!!!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:09:59 pm by Kingfig » Report Spam   Logged
Kingfig
newb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 07:49:51 pm »

Okay, that's pure win.  Grin

And the prices! .. the old Mhorgoth's set at £28.59.. nice! Seems to be 25%+ discount across the board.

Yep as noted the new Mhorgoth Rising will be sold at £37.60 as the starter box has a RRP of £49.99... the old Mhorgoth's Revenge RRP was 39.99, why we had it at 28.59.

We have it up on our shop for advance ordering and if all goes to plan should have it on its release date... but we can’t guarantee this and have noted shipping from us may be as late as the 17th of Oct.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:04:39 pm by Kingfig » Report Spam   Logged
Kingfig
newb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 09:47:12 am »

All the Warpath Marauder sets are now on the shop for pre order... and take a look at our UK only Marauder Army Set & Marauder Warlord deal!

http://www.40kforoldmen.bigcartel.com/category/mantic-warpath-marauders
Report Spam   Logged
lord marcus
Ma

Mantic Points: +77/-0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 04:26:29 pm »

And, apparently by Darsc's ever logical and grammatical assumption, being sold by hawt wimmenz
Report Spam   Logged

GAH! Tiny avatar of doooooooooooooom!
Creater of the mantic fanatics social group
The Dwarf
newb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 02:09:15 am »

Wow... do you ship for outside UK? (Let me say Brazil  Roll Eyes )

I really wnat to give you some money right now...
Report Spam   Logged

GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.

No sir, i will not quit 40k, GW had done some nasty things, but the game is still fun. Perhaps, i will quit GW, there is a lot of companies out ther
Kingfig
newb

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 10:36:12 am »

Wow... do you ship for outside UK? (Let me say Brazil  Roll Eyes )

I really wnat to give you some money right now...

on the shop we now only ship with in the UK, but we are willing to ship outside of the UK from time to time, if you would like to order from us and you are outside the UK then you can enquire via the shops contact page.

http://www.6s2hit-theshop.com/contact

thanks

kenny k

ps. to all, Warpath is now in stock  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:14:34 pm by Kingfig » Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 10:52:43 am »

ooooh, when are you allowed to put it all up on the shop?
Report Spam   Logged
theunnamableone
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

Current Army: KOW: Dwarves Warpath: Marauders and Forgefathers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 01:17:26 pm »

it's that time again. we are doing the marauder mega army deal for £120 plus p&p (which is £7.62 in the UK).

here's the link : http://www.40kforoldmen.bigcartel.com/product/marauders-mega-army-deal

here's the contents :

6 x Plastic Resin Marauder Raptors
150 x Plastic Marauder Grunts
30 x Special Melee Weapons
30 x Ranged Heavy Weapons (BFG)
Grenades, Ammo packs, spare heads and pistols
12 x Mantic Points
150 x 25mm Circular bases

and...

1 X Marauder Warlord
1 X 25mm Circular bases

We  should also be doing a similar deal for the forgefathers when they come in.

Stock is limited at the moment, so if you get there and it's out of stock use the contact us button and we will order in anything you want. We also do a combined marauder army box and warlord deal for £44.85 plus p&p (£4.41 in the uk only).
Report Spam   Logged

"The only good elf is a dead elf"
Baragash
Ma

Mantic Points: +7/-0

Current Army: KoW Undead & Dwarves

Lord of the Pit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 01:20:29 pm »

1 X Marauder Warlord
1 X 25mm Circular bases

Typo?

Blister-packed Marauder Warlord comes with a 40mm circular base.

(I don't mean to be pedantic, just thought you might want to be accurate as it's a contents list for a product)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: