Mantic Fanatics
April 19, 2024, 11:05:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Greets

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greets  (Read 123 times)
orcsbain
M

Mantic Points: +6/-0

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2011, 09:37:24 pm »

Name: Bil (that IS spelt correctly)

Personality: Hmmm easy going, but can be sarcastic at times. I Hate to admit when I'm wrong. Hate being late for stuff, and would like people to think that I am reliable. Complete leadophile

I am crap at spelling, but its not my fault is genitic....my dad couldnt spell either!

Interests: Wide and varied...I am in a re-enactment group for the war of the roses period (roughly 1455 - 1485) and I am head of a household so I am a unit commander and help to organise arount 50 odd people (or 50 ODD people if you like lol).
I still like the 80's thrash metel and the modern simmilar stuff and I lothe the new poppunk, (jesus go and listen to some REAL punk and then try to compair) basicly if it has a guitar and goes 100 mph then chances are I'll like it !
I read a lot and dont get the chance to cyber slack as much as used to.
I enjoy warhammer rp as well as fb but I dont get anywhere near enough games to satisfy my craving as I just dont know enough people who game anymore.
I find history fasinating and am a strong believer of the saying "to know where you are going you must know where you have come from"

I like Dwarves, I like the fact they are gruff,masters at construction and crafting, good fighters, strong, respect history and wisdom, reliable, and that in most modern games that use them they are of a "biker" type. Oh and slayers.

Favorite sport Ha! sport is dumb, but running round in armour and hitting people? thats something I can relate to.

Favorite drink: Black Russian - vodka tia maria (or kahalua) and coke MMMMmmmm

Favourite movie: Hmm other than the three rings films (they must count as one as its the same story) I'd say Man bites dog as its sooo funny, but I like the Rob zombie films too, and really enjoyed Remo unarmed and dangerious , man that should have been a series. oh sorry thats definatly more than one so I'd better stop.
Favourite Tv show: Father Ted was a classic
Favourite band or musician: Rob Zombie he has a unique style and kicks ass what ever he does.
Favourite genre of music: 80's thrash metel
Favourite writer: Terry Pratchett, the man is a genius!
Favourite cartoon character: Casy jones
Favourite fictional character: Gotrek Gurnisson
Personal Quote :"If meat means murder then stop me cos I'm gonna kill again and again!"

Favourite Games:KOW (obviously) WFB,WFRP,Dragon warriors,man o war,Mordheim,TMNT. but I'll try anything

Warhammer Armies that I have (all pts are rough estimates)
8,000pts Dwarves (but I have another 10,000pts to paint, at least!)
2,000pts Dark Elves (but I have another 3,000pts to paint)
2,000pts Wood Elves
2,000pts Empire (but I have another 3,000pts to paint)
1,500pts Bretionia (but I have another 5,000pts to paint, including all 130 cavalry)
4,000pts Skaven (but I have another 3,000pts to paint)
2,000pts Khorne Deamon army (in a box to paint)
1,500pts Beastmen (but I have another 2,500pts to paint)
1,000pts Tomb Kings (not even painted)

I also have a Slann army (ask the older gamers) but it needs painting.

Oh and I have a growing undead KOW horde currently at 1,000 pts assembled and about 1,000 more to paint. (looking forward to the new lists.

Bio:Lived in England (kent) all my life but have travelled to France,Spain,Germany,Italy,Switzerland,Belgum,the Check replublic and Austrailia (NSW).
I used to work for GW, whilst buying as many figures as possible (I once did a loose lead order of £600 when it was £15 a kilo hence the huge armys). I quit when I realised just how much it actually costs for then to make the minis/games and we all know how much they charge!

Started in the reenactmrnt scene around '98 and havent looked back since as I have met some of the nicest people you can imagine.You get to go camping at some of our nations greatest national monuments or sites, meet and greet all sorts of people and you get to make new friends (and hit them) as well as have a great social life,  it's a bit like being in a secret society (masons?) as if you need some advice or some work doing chances are that you will either know someone in the group or they will know someone that can help you.

I am loving the vibe from Mantic as it remindes me of the old GW when I was a young'un , all fun and for the hobby. They have great minis and a great ethos and I want only to see them do well. Discovered them only this year in Feb but have bought lots of bits which have either added to my lead (& plastic) pile or are armies in their own right. I am generally looking forward to the future to see what it will bring.

Oh and I was photographed at the openday this year buying a sausage roll Shocked)

ttfn
Report Spam   Logged

"Mantic: like GW, minus the GW-ness".

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:09:09 pm »

Hello orcsbain!

I am very much looking forward to completing the reading of your introductory post when I have a few evenings free. Grin

In the meantime welcome to the group!
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Baragash
Ma

Mantic Points: +7/-0

Current Army: KoW Undead & Dwarves

Lord of the Pit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:13:02 pm »

I passed out when I read his miniature collection!

Welcome Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:45:57 pm »

At last the Sausage Roll Purchaser has been found!  Welcome to the group!
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 11:00:28 pm »

That's a hell of a lot of models!

I think that's the most comprehensive introduction I've ever read. Well done sir!

Welcome to the group Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Robert
Mant

Mantic Points: +16/-1

Current Army: Dwarfs, Elves, Undead, Naughty Dwarfs...

In The Navy...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 12:15:34 am »

Finally another 80s Thrash Metal fan!!!!

Report Spam   Logged
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 07:34:07 am »

Oh and I was photographed at the openday this year buying a sausage roll Shocked)

In that case, I must thank you for the timely handover of your Revenant Cavalry during the Mega Battle, after I had gone and got all my own troops killed...   Tongue

Welcome aboard. 
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
orcsbain
M

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:26:54 am »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys,

The intro was long as I just c&p'd it from another forum I joined wayy back, I just updated it and removed any irrelevent stuff, cos I'm so lazy  Grin

Yes I own a lot of minis if only they were painted Roll Eyes unfortunatly my capacity to buy has far outstripped my willingness and speed of painting, however I am a man inspired and I am keen to try with the washes and dips to try to get an undead army on the table (the mantic openday stuff that we gamed with was really nice). Yes I can highlight and blent but it takes so damn long, my Skaven have taken me 12 years so far (on and off) and I still aint done!.
At the moment they are ready to undercoat....on the painting table.....waiting...looking at me....perhaps i might trim up and glue ome more ghouls Smiley

Np about the cav it seemed the thing to do at the time as you had heroicly (or should thet be evilily?) hurled you units at the stunties  Cheesy

ttfn
Report Spam   Logged

Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 10:35:22 am »

Yes I own a lot of minis if only they were painted Roll Eyes unfortunatly my capacity to buy has far outstripped my willingness and speed of painting

I wouldn't know what that's like. Undecided

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 10:37:55 am »

(the mantic openday stuff that we gamed with was really nice).

Thanks very much.  Not bad for about 3 months work over both armies eh.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
asgard-studio
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: Undead

Official Mantic Pathfinder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 11:16:54 am »

Good to meet you via here, dude. Hopefully meet in person some time! We can chat all things ratty, and Undead-y (if that's a word?)
Report Spam   Logged
orcsbain
M

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 09:59:30 pm »

Thanks very much.  Not bad for about 3 months work over both armies eh.   Grin
[/quote]

3 months... Shocked  damn I hate your good speed-painting skills!

but thats what I'm aiming for  Grin

ttfn
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: