Mantic Fanatics
April 18, 2024, 11:16:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Antonia the Dark in Warhammer Fantasy Hawaiian Style

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antonia the Dark in Warhammer Fantasy Hawaiian Style  (Read 175 times)
Gerry Lee
M

Mantic Points: +77/-0

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2011, 02:49:43 pm »

Hey all! So last night was the first night of the 'Other Realms Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League' at the Monday night open gaming at Ward Warehouse in Honolulu.

Well, though I want to promote Kings of War here more, since everyone is playing the Warhammer league it seems like a good idea to take my Mantic models and join up. Though I paint terribly, people might see the models and consider picking some Mantic goodness for themselves!

We were given 1000 pts to buy our armies. I chose an 'Antonia the Dark's Vengeance Guard' based army, based off the recently discontinued army deal of that name.

So I had to begin with, Antonia (Necromantrix general), 40 spear armed skeletons with command, and 20 ghouls. Vampire Counts can't use the Catapults unfortunately.

With the rest of my points I chose 5 wraiths based on my fanfiction "For the Love of Antonia". 20 Zombies rounded off my list and I was set. I had no large monsters or even a vampire in my Vampire Counts army, but oh well! The point is not to win for me, the point is to show off Mantic's great models to the Warhammer players!

Well, my first battle was last night, and my poor army got trounced! I was fighting High Elves. In an attempt to save my lesser undead from lethal elf arrows and bolt throwers, I screened them with my wraiths, who are immune to non-magical weapons. This worked okay, but I let my wraiths get too far in front. They ended up locked in a fight with a big infantry spear block and were destroyed due to combat resolution.

My huge 40 skeleton block, led by Antonia, was no match for a unit of Swordmasters of Hoeth. Those veteran greatswordsmen tore my skellies to shreds in 2 turns! With Antonia routed, the game was effectively over...

Poor Antonia! I will avenge her next week! I just got a digital camera, hoping to learn how to take some pictures for you as well!

Be well and be Blessed!
Gerry

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: