Mantic Fanatics
March 29, 2024, 11:18:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Warpath Beta Rules

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warpath Beta Rules  (Read 493 times)
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2011, 04:20:27 pm »

Are here.
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The Dwarf
newb

Mantic Points: +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:15:32 am »

I dont know if someone will see this here (i mean, Alessio) but i got this ideia to fix the only thing i dont like about the rules... so, i decided to write it up and try to help my favorite company:

The only thing i dont like is some rules about moving:

Moving: the things i dont like here are the overcomplications. Just make the movement be dependant of the Leader, and only him. Whyle moving, the leader can move his speed in inchs, and the rest of the squad can be rearranged in anyway around, respecting the 1 inch distance beetween each other and the max distance from the leader. Because of sportsmanship and cover rules, this will not effect shotting in a overcomplicated way.
During assault, change the rule in a way that only leaders can start them, it is, only if the leader of the charging squad get into contact with some of the enemy models, allied models can move for assault and fight into the assault phase. That way abusive uses of the "free move around the leader" is evited.

It was just that... make the movement going around the leader, so it will be less complicated... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.

No sir, i will not quit 40k, GW had done some nasty things, but the game is still fun. Perhaps, i will quit GW, there is a lot of companies out ther
Llew
Administrator
Mantic

Mantic Points: +115/-1

Current Army: Dwarves, Undead, Elves. Orcs soon I'm sure.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 05:17:21 pm »

That was basically the Alpha movement rules, but people complained about being able to effectively cross from one side of the unit to the other with your BFG's.

Frankly, I found it a minor problem, and I don't think the new version of the rules plays to speedy, large games.
Report Spam   Logged

No good deed goes unpunished.
The Dwarf
newb

Mantic Points: +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 04:30:26 pm »

Yeah, BFGs area  problem... but not so much.

Just change the rule for BFG: their movement is limited, they can move only their speed in any turn, and still fallow the rules for the rest of the models.
But BFGs could not shot when they move, so, if you moved your guy, the opponent can easily hide from him. That even let you shot your BFG after have moved the entire unit, as it should not have moved Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.

No sir, i will not quit 40k, GW had done some nasty things, but the game is still fun. Perhaps, i will quit GW, there is a lot of companies out ther
theunnamableone
newb

Mantic Points: +2/-0

Current Army: KOW: Dwarves Warpath: Marauders and Forgefathers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 10:15:42 am »

i dont see any problems with BFG movement. it's the future, heavy weapons can move and fire and move at the double if their squad has (none of them get to fire in that case anyway). if you restrict their movement you restrict the movement possibilities of the squad they're in. and that means cutting down the possibilities of gaining cover, which is key when playing warpath.
Report Spam   Logged

"The only good elf is a dead elf"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: