Mantic Fanatics
April 16, 2024, 10:29:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Moraxes!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moraxes!  (Read 224 times)
Ogait-Nas
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:23:16 pm »

Have you seen the moraxes? Awesome

http://www.manticblog.com/?p=4012

I love those big axes and their feral faces
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 02:48:56 am »

I really like Mantics Orcs, although I have to agree with what I've read elsewhere that a few of their weapons do appear somewhat oversized... A trait which I don't particularily care for.

Didn't stop me from placing orders for a couple of the various army deals though. By next month I'll have over 250 of the green beasties.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
strewart
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 06:21:47 am »

Agree, the axes look a bit too big for Mantic models. But aside from that, they are pretty cool looking. I'm looking forward to receiving them so I have a bit more head variety with my horde. I won't quite be able to match 250, but 150 is still a decent number of orcs. Wink And Darsc, you going with green? I am definitely leaning toward finding a colour besides green for the skin of my orcs as a few others have.
Report Spam   Logged
mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 11:40:58 am »

I've not picked these up yet. Maybe that's what I'll spend my voucher on for the painting comp at the open day Smiley

I've got a massive greenskin army already (GW). The mantic models are only making it larger still.

Greenskins ftw!
Report Spam   Logged
Darsc Zacal
Keeper of Rumours
Administrator
Mantic Fa

Mantic Points: +1010/-0

Current Army: Elf(mostly painted), Dwarf(being painted), Undead(not painted). Orcs on preorder.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 02:40:29 pm »

Agree, the axes look a bit too big for Mantic models. But aside from that, they are pretty cool looking. I'm looking forward to receiving them so I have a bit more head variety with my horde. I won't quite be able to match 250, but 150 is still a decent number of orcs. Wink And Darsc, you going with green? I am definitely leaning toward finding a colour besides green for the skin of my orcs as a few others have.

I'm not sure yet. I like my armies to "pop" a bit and stand out on the table. Whether that will be through the skin colour or the tunic/armour colour is something I haven't decidied on.
Report Spam   Logged

Sometimes, stealing candy from babies is the only way to find good candy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: