Mantic Fanatics
April 16, 2024, 09:14:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Open Day 2011 & Painting Competition

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Day 2011 & Painting Competition  (Read 183 times)
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:29:35 pm »

From the Mantic site -

The Open Day will be held at the location of our new warehouse and offices, which is bigger than the venue of our last event.

The address you’ll need is: Mantic Games (Camtex House), Greasley Street, Bulwell, Nottingham, NG6 8NG

You can press Ronnie and Alessio on what’s happening with Warpath at the Open Day

Next up, we’re proud to announce that once again, Golem Painting Studio will be attending the event!

Tommie and five-times Golden Demon Winning Dave will be on hand to answer your questions and whether you bring a mantic mini from home or pick one up on the day and take it over to them, they’ll be able offer some pro-tips in getting the best finish on your figures!

Not only this but they will also be judging the inaugural Mantic Painting Competition. There will be three categories for the show, and we’re working on an online category (which we’ve got a few plans for which we’re just finialising!) for any of you who cannot attend. For full details on the painting competition, click here.

And if promises of the linked Kings of War and Dwarf King’s Hold game, painting competition and Alessio, Jake and Golem’s attendance isn’t enough, we’re still got even more to announce, so make sure you are signed up to the newsletter. Of course, you could just attend to find out what all the fuss is over Warpath… but make sure you’ve booked your tickets!

Mantic Painting Competition
Saturday 9th July 2011

Mantic Games (Camtex House), Greasley Street, Bulwell, Nottingham, NG6 8NG

The Open Day will have plenty to see and do and we're proud to announce our inaugural painting competition for the event! Entry to the Open Day painting competition is included with your tickets and we encourage everyone to partake - all you need is an Open Day ticket and a painted Mantic miniature/unit of miniatures!

Categories

Best Single Miniature

This can be any miniature from the Mantic range supplied on a 20mm or 25mm base - from heroes to single troopers.

Best Mounted Miniatures

Whether it's on a horse, gore, drakon, pegasus or dragon, all mounted models go here!

Best Unit

This can be any unit from the Mantic range, consisting of at least 10 models for infantry, and 5 for Cavalry.

How to enter at the show

- Bring your mini and fill out the short entry form found in your goodie bag, which you can pick up on the day. You may enter once per category.

- Take your entry over to the Golem table where your miniature along with the entry form will be placed into the cabinet.

- Sit back, play some games and wait!

- Winners will be announced at the end of the event - please make sure that all your entries are handed over by 2 o'clock to allow time for judging.

Prizes

Prizes will be awarded for best in category and best in show, judged by Golem Painting Studio. Winners of each category will get a voucher of £30 to spend on the Mantic Webstore. The overall winner at the show will get a voucher of £50 to spend on whatever they like on the Mantic Webstore, and a Conveted Trophy.

Can't make the show? Enter our Online category!

Not wishing to exclude anyone from the event, we'll be running an online category also. Details on that to follow (we're going to try and make it huge!) so keep watching the website for more details.

Winners will be announced through the Mantic Games Newsletter, so please make sure you are signed up!

Notes

1) Conversions

Figures may be converted but should be recognisable as being made up from Mantic components.

2) Display Bases

Figures may be mounted on display bases so long as they do not exceed the dimensions of the base supplied with the miniature (for example, a model supplied with a 20mm base may have a display base that is no more than 20x20mm in size).
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Robert
Mant

Mantic Points: +16/-1

Current Army: Dwarfs, Elves, Undead, Naughty Dwarfs...

In The Navy...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:05:03 am »

Due to a promotion and a upcoming house move (flat to house...) i'll not be able to make it  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Jasksta
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

Current Army: The Undead

Zombies Have Feelings Too!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:02:56 pm »

Bought my tickets for this yesterday and I'm really hoping they have a load of Warpath models on show!
Report Spam   Logged

Jasksta - The Undead Harbinger

www.twitter.com/jasksta
Lyracian
newb

Mantic Points: +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 07:39:37 am »

I have put some pictures up from the open day
http://lyracian.blogspot.com/2011/07/mantic-open-day-2011.html

Ronnie said during the tour that they are shipping out 60,000 figures a week at the moment. The next edition of Kings of War rules will have three new races - Human, Goblins and Twilight Kin (Dark Elves). They are also looking into the cost of remaking the byssal Dwarf in plastic to see if it is feasible.
Report Spam   Logged

Ne cede melia, Lyracian.

My Blog http://lyracian.blogspot.com/ Battle Reports and Random Musings.
gaarew
Evil Overlord
Administrator
Mantic Fan

Mantic Points: +1019/-2

Current Army: All of them...

Big Evil Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 08:48:43 am »

I thought they said they were doing the Abyssal Dwarfs in restic?

If only to give poor Bernard a break, as the poor bugger has cast all bar 53 sets of the entire production run of Abyssal Dwarfs.  Which incidentally are part of every spin cycle of metal models produced.
Report Spam   Logged

Studio gaarew; Gaming armies, by gamers, for gamers.

You take yourself very seriously for a grown man playing with toy soldiers...

BMAAWOM I - Orcs - 0/42 complete.
Hybrid Alpha
newb

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 01:05:02 am »

Thanks for sharing your photos Lyracian. I was gutted that I couldn’t attend, but it was a good friend’s stag weekend and there was no way to do both.

I’m interested to see what they do with their humans. Abyssal dwarf plastics would be great, but I suspect that won’t happen for a while yet.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:38:05 pm by Hybrid Alpha » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: