Mantic Fanatics
March 28, 2024, 12:13:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: First photo's of the Corporation sculpts are shown. See them in the Corporation subforum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Photos of the orcs?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos of the orcs?  (Read 221 times)
strewart
M

Mantic Points: +0/-0

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2011, 03:37:14 pm »

Hey guys. I now have about 85 orcs to assemble, and more to come. I was looking around trying to find decent photos of ones already done by others. I want to spend a fair bit of time with these guys and make them pretty unique and good looking, but there seems to be not many photos of them around. I'd love to go for a unique colour scheme with them, but I think I will have to play around with a few myself.

One of the problems is tossing up between trying to get dynamic poses, and making sure I have models that will rank up nicely. I am thinking with the normal orcs, I can make all of one column of each unit left handed by using the model that doesn't have weapon attached, then both sides of the unit will have shields facing outwards which should look good. All the left handed ones will need converted heads to be looking the other way though, and the arms for those ones don't really have a lot of variety. Aside from that, I'm not really sure what to do and I'm struggling to get even basic ideas from the photos on the Mantic site. Anyone done anything cool with the orcs yet?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

mattjgilbert
Mantic F

Mantic Points: +22/-0

Current Army: Working on Mantic undead at the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 10:00:50 pm »

I've not put any of mine together yet but this was posted up on facebook yesterday
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2116746085898&set=o.104345532318&type=1&theater

Does that help?
Report Spam   Logged
strewart
M

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 04:12:01 am »

They look good, thanks for the link!
Report Spam   Logged
strewart
M

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 04:13:13 am »

Yikes... The greataxes are not very nice to assemble. The one with an arm already attached is going to be difficult to put together 10 times. I got the arms into a nice pose where both hands were actually holding the weapon properly, then went to put the head on, and there was no room for it around the weapon. Looks like the right arm needs to go lower, so its not held all that well in both hands in order for the head to actually fit. The other body works ok, but its going to have fairly limited poses really. I also don't know why they didn't use pegs with the greataxe arms and joints, it would be perfect to help do dry runs and much more useful than the pegs on the normal orc sprues!

These are going to be more of a challenge to assemble than I thought overall. The ones I have managed to complete do look nice though.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: